1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ultimate Planner
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,276 Posts
I find it vaguely amusing that, today, the dog sometimes wags its own tail as it were. There was a time when people would only ask for conversion programmes from Windows to Mac,

But then, I'm only a fairly content iMac/iPad owner, so what would I know? I admit, though, that my knowledge of the iPad (very new to me) is pretty rudimentary at the moment - my head hurts, if only because I'm not very intuitive at all, yet I'm still rather opposed to RTFM, probably due to inherent laziness on my part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In this case it is convert from iOS proprietary file format (cannot be used by anything other than Apple iBooks for iOS) to Mac compatible format. Mac owners have the same problem with iTunes bookstore that Linux and Windows do... Apple computer is not supported by Apple bookstore.

You are good to go with the iPad, but forget about reading iTunes ebooks on any non-iOS eReader program, app or device including your Mac. So yes RTFMing would have told you why Mac owners need to convert books purchased from the Apple store prior to use :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts