YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Janos @ Nov. 21 2003,22:08)]Evening all,

I've got a Dive Rite Rec Wing, which has two ways to dump air. One is a dump valve near my arse, the other is the hose itself (but lifting the hose up - it's not a pull-to-dump) I'd like another dump on the other shoulder, as I quite like the idea of routing the hose under my arm.

So:
Is it possible to get a dump fitted?
Can I do it myself?

Laters,
   Janos
Hi Janos.

I'm a bit suprised to hear the lift to dump is the only option on the corrugated hose.  Mine is also a pull dump.

Was the hose a special option.?

If it is a standard diverite hose (I guess they have been pull dump for some time?) have you checked to see if maybe there is another reason why it will not pull to dump, broken string or stretched in the hose.

Daz

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Ahhh now the hose under the arm makes sense...

Inverted twins...

Firstly,  The hose pull dump works fine.

Secondly,  You can get away without bringing the hose under your arm with inverted twins.  Both SteveW and myself dive inverted twins.  We both used to bring the LP inflator off the post behind the left cheek (and I'm not talking face here  
) up the left side of the body, under the left armpit and into the inflator.

There is enough slack to lift the hose and dump.

Just for the sake of neatness,  I finally got a longer LP inflator hose, which I bring off the post behind my right cheek, up the back right hand side, behind the neck (tucked down into the backplate) up over the left shoulder and then down the side of the corrucated hose.

Hope that helps,
Daz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.