1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

NEWS STORY

GLASWEGIAN MEN 'MOST ELIGIBLE'
Women are attracted to men with Glaswegian accents, a national dating survey claims.

The city was also voted the second most popular place to go out on a date in the poll by Udate.co.uk - just behind the city of London.

It claimed that women find Glasgow's men fanciable because of their tones, charm, wit and friendliness.

So, Who's up for a bit of hows your Father then!!!!!!

Peter
That has really made my day  

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Sep. 11 2003,19:03)]tones, CHARM, wit and friendliness.

So, Who's up for a bit of hows your Father then!!!!!!
Yes that proves your point perfectly,

forgive me but 5 hours each way seems a rather long nooky run if you ask me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Doug,

You from Glasgow per chance....are the ladies from there the same as the blokes...might plan a dive trip to Glasgow if we can get some whit, humour etc (they have deep fried mars bars there too by all accounts, with chips).

Do they do Cadburys Creme eggs in batter...oooh...that's just silly.

My mum's scottish...can't remember where she comes from though...her maiden name was McPhun....how unusual.

Regards.

graham

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

If you ask a Glasgow chip shop to deep fry something from the sweetie counter they will do it. Deep fried Crunchies are not unheard of.

Also, If the blokes would kindly refrain from replying please, and leave some space for the hoards of salivating girls that shall be forthcoming, that would be great. Thanks.

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I will forward your details to my sister. I asked her today if she was interested in nice glaswegians and she didnt say no....
she can also drink lots of tequila!
jules:D

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Sep. 11 2003,20:02)]interested in nice glaswegians and she didnt say no....
So Jules you didn't ask her about Peter then?

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Sep. 11 2003,20:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Sep. 11 2003,20:02)]interested in nice glaswegians and she didnt say no....
So Jules you didn't ask her about Peter then?
Course not, he's English isn't he ?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

What about those pink foam shrimps you always get in pick & mix? Do they work?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

my guess is they shrivel up to nothing thoroughly dissapointing when you bite in to them.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Sep. 13 2003,12:14)]my guess is they shrivel up to nothing thoroughly dissapointing when you bite in to them.
It was the Auntie stella. Honest! Please don't tell anyone?

Oooo-Errrr Matron,

Peter

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

This is getting silly...deep fried shrimp sweets...they were fairly grim uncooked as I remember as a kid.

Does anyone remember those refreshers...the chewy sweets with sherbert in the middle...they were 2p when the other sweets were 1p.....they were a treat....do they still exist and if so, how much do they cost now?

Cheers all.

Graham

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Ask Bethi, she is an expert on cheap nasty sweets........:D

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

That reminds me of when sugar rationing ended after the war (bet no-one else can rember that!). I was about 8. I stood in a queue for ages outside my local confectioners to buy sweets. When it was my turn all that was left was little bags of sherbert powder. Better than nothing but I still haven't really got over it.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

The other day I ate some sweets I hadn't had for donkeys - the sherbert saucers - they are kinda ufo shaped and the outside tastes like cardboard but inside was sherbert - lush!!

Best thing was - this was for work - thats right I had to eat sweets and chocolates for work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Imported post

Hmmm...think my faves were green Mojos or Fizzy fish, ohhh, they were lovely and tart!  

As for the Glaswegian thing, just got myself engaged to a bloody southerner, so no comment there  

1 - 20 of 22 Posts