YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I have just bought a new camera (Sony DSC-F828) and need to get a housing, the only one I can find is an Ikelite one.

I have seen a few Ikelite housings and they have mostly been badly scratched. I'm just wondering how durable they are, I'm used to an ally Light & Motion which is fairly bombproof.

Does anyone have any experience of Ikelite?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

I've got an Ikelite housing for my PC6 - I've no problems with it as regards durability, though it does look scratched to bollocks.  It very quickly developed crazing around the curvy bits which worried me, but a call to Cameras Underwater resulted in a 'They all do that Sir'. Hey ho.  Must say I'm not super-impressed by the mirror arrangement it uses for the screen viewer, you're more or less obliged to hold the camera right up in front of your face which isn't ideal.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Ì've not used one but I believe that they are very durable.  Its not ally but then they are a great deal cheaper.

Apparently UK Germany has announced a soon to be released ally housing (available May from Ocean Optics).

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Thanks for the response, I'm just waiting for a price but will probably get one, only have the one stockist in Thailand so shopping around isn't a possibility (import tax makes ordering abroad pointless).

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts