YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hi i was diving the other day, 2dives first dive max depth was 20m and 2nd was 17m, the plan was followed no fast ascents, or anything unusual, when i surfaced on the second dive i felt really ill and very close to passing out, this continued for a couple of hours and went as quick as it came, my only theory is my neck seal on my dry suit is rather on the tight side, i do usually get a head ache when i surface and im thinking it is possibly the neck seal doing this as it does lessen when i take my head out of the suit, has any one else expierienced this or does any one else know of something that may have caused me to feel so bad, before the dive i felt perfectly well and was not suffering a hang over etc.
hope some one can help as it is a bit of a concern

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Hi Rexters,

I am not a diving GP so am not qualified to give medical info!! BTW

This sounds a little concerning, but as it went away it sounds like something fairly minor. As it was a few days ago and you are here to tell the tale now, probably not decompression related.

How many dives have you done before - are you experienced at that depth?
Have you been diving since and has it happened again?
Was your cylinder filled from somewhere you have not used before?
Were you well hydrated and not hung over?
Had you eaten anything before your first dive and between dives to keep your energy levels up?
Was the drysuit new? If it is feeling tight, put a football in it over night and see how that goes

Few things to think about there! I have known people feel ill after diving for many reasons, some of them listed above. I often got a head ache on surfacing when I was learning, especially if I was dehydrated or on a RHIB. This stopped happening in time.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hi paul thanks for your reply,
the only thing that stands out is i used a bottle i had not used before and from a previously unused source, but my buddy was using  a bottle from the same place so im not sure about that, i will try your tip with the football and drysuit see if that makes any difference

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>To extend the neck seal on a suit you can either use a traffic cone or the neck of your cylinder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts