YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Ok your a diver but have your diving skills and equipment been utilised in other ways.

During the early eighties erindoors and me owned a fish and Chip shop.

To peel the spuds we had a rumbler which rubbed away the skin and then sent the waste water through a pipe into the outside gully and then down the drain.
Occasionally the back inlet gully would get blocked by the peelings waste, this meant donning a pair of rubber gloves hand down the gully and scoop it out until the gully ran again.

Idea:lightbulb:..

Cut a circle of ply the same size as the grate hole to make a seal, drill a tight fit hole in it that would take a hose pipe, poke the pipe through the hole and get my diving bottle put the pipe against this, turn on the bottle and blast the obstruction down the drain with 3000 psi.

All manufactured to spec but I needed a weight to hold the ply circle in place. Erindoors can stand on it.

Next time the drain blocked was during opening time, so erindoors and me went quickly outside to clear the blockage, she stood on the ply I turned on the air full whack.

Bang!!:eek:.

The pipe shot out of the ply circle and the drain was so pressurised all the contents of the drain went shooting sky wards through the hole in the ply straight up her skirt to the nether regions.

Oh how she laughed...:D....

Well I thought it was a good idea..:wink:..

·
Oban hide and seek champion 1976
445 Posts
Nice idea Ray but your a diver and for that reason I'm out :wink:

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Hi.

Ok your a diver but have your diving skills and equipment been utilised in other ways.

During the early eighties erindoors and me owned a fish and Chip shop.

To peel the spuds we had a rumbler which rubbed away the skin and then sent the waste water through a pipe into the outside gully and then down the drain.
Occasionally the back inlet gully would get blocked by the peelings waste, this meant donning a pair of rubber gloves hand down the gully and scoop it out until the gully ran again.

Cut a circle of ply the same size as the grate hole to make a seal, drill a tight fit hole in it that would take a hose pipe, poke the pipe through the hole and get my diving bottle put the pipe against this, turn on the bottle and blast the obstruction down the drain with 3000 psi.

All manufactured to spec but I needed a weight to hold the ply circle in place. Erindoors can stand on it.

Next time the drain blocked was during opening time, so erindoors and me went quickly outside to clear the blockage, she stood on the ply I turned on the air full whack.

Bang!!:eek:.

The pipe shot out of the ply circle and the drain was so pressurised all the contents of the drain went shooting sky wards through the hole in the ply straight up her skirt to the nether regions.

Oh how she laughed...:D....

Well I thought it was a good idea..:wink:..
Councils and Water Authorities/Companies tend to get a bit nervous about people introducing air under pressure into their sewer systems. Now you know why.

I once saw a smoke generator (like a big firework) put down a sewer to try and trace a rat breakout; unfortunately they didn't vent it out first and the smoke rocket ignited what was obviously an explosive sewer gas mixture, we then had the fairly exciting spectacle of watching every 200kg cast iron manhole cover for about 300m down the street leaping 2 or 3m in the air, sudden blasts of compressed vapour, like steam engine exhaust tooting out through household vent pipes (soil stacks) on each side of the street.. Every pipe socket was shattered for hundreds of metres, water blown out of people's toilets and a huge compo claim.

It was quite intriguing to watch, safe in the knowledge that it was someone elses fault.

·
Silent but Deadly...
1,522 Posts
Councils and Water Authorities/Companies tend to get a bit nervous about people introducing air under pressure into their sewer systems. Now you know why.

I once saw a smoke generator (like a big firework) put down a sewer to try and trace a rat breakout; unfortunately they didn't vent it out first and the smoke rocket ignited what was obviously an explosive sewer gas mixture, we then had the fairly exciting spectacle of watching every 200kg cast iron manhole cover for about 300m down the street leaping 2 or 3m in the air, sudden blasts of compressed vapour, like steam engine exhaust tooting out through household vent pipes (soil stacks) on each side of the street.. Every pipe socket was shattered for hundreds of metres, water blown out of people's toilets and a huge compo claim.

It was quite intriguing to watch, safe in the knowledge that it was someone elses fault.
CLASS!

·
Owner of the Frankinspo
947 Posts
My Mum had a good idea once. The hoover used to really stress the cat out, the cat was very fond of me so mum decided that if I hugged the cat while she was hovering the cat may stay calm. I think she knew what was really going to happen.

I'm sure I caught a grin on her face as she turned the hoover on and I was swallowed up in a fountain of fur and blood.

I did learn from that one, I know where my sense of humour comes from.

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts

Its at this point I began to cringe!

Berko

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its at this point I began to cringe!

Berko
Don't be silly you could have stood round the corner with me as I turned the air on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts