YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello, i feel i should say hello to all you guys.  

Im a porg - a person of restricted growth - a shortarse to everyone else.  I have been diving since August 2001, and to date have had 99 dives (one more god dammit).  I am a self confessed scapa addict, with the Jean Elaine being the fave boat up there and the Markgraf/Tabarka being the best combination day ever possible in my mind.  
I am hoping to get to know some of you guys as i have been having problems with my club (if anyone reads dive girl, think scuba git).  
Im a pierced person, when i die, they will melt me down for scrap i think, but i only do it to annoy my boss.  
i love wreck dives, the Tabarka being among the top ones to do in my book.
My main failing in life is that i cant drive (scares the hell outta me) so that stops me diving cos i cant get on the bus with a twinset (they want them empty as a condition of carriage aparently).  

I live 20 mins from the farnes, but my club seldom dive which is another reason i am looking for somewhere else.  I love an evening dive at St Abbs too - peters boat may be small but he knows that place so well.

My fave bit of kit is my new hood - it has horns.

Thats about it really.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Porg

Welcome, enjoy the boards. I am off to Scapa for the first time next Aug, (bit of a drive from kent) and i am always keen for tips. We are booked into the dive cellar.

I am thinking about a stopover in the Farns on the way back for a few dives.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Hi Porg,
our club used the Jean Elaine last year and the skip said he'd never seen a collection of drunken bums quite the like of us. Top compliment, top skip, top boat, though he did nearly bump us all off on the now infamous Zanussi dive.

We're over there again next year doing the outer isles which I'm told are very good.  Would that be Markgraf/Tabarka sort of thing?  We just did the staple Scapa fare and I am stoopid.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Ah yes.  I've just consulted the internerd and my souvenir Scapa wrecks map re: the Markgraf/Tabarka and have come to the conclusion that I am definitely stoopid.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Porg (Helen),

Get in amongst it and suggest gigs away! If you're a Scapa-diver of long-standing, then offer your own advice here; if you'd like to hook up for else where, then shout up and we'll get to together.

Cheers,

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

I did the northern isles trip in August - what a maaaad time that was!  You dive the Tommelina, a trawler stuck in a gully at about 25m (i think), another coat of paint and she wouldnt fit in there.  The weather turned a bit pants once we had got around westray, so we ran for kirkwall.  A couple of lovely dives on the way though despite the rain/wind.  Then off, down the east side of the islands and back into the flow.  To say it was rough was an understatement.  Bleuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhh.  Then a couple more dives in the flow to round things off!  Ohh i want to go back..

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Hi Porg and welcome to the fun

You've done a lot in 2 years, I've yet to do some of the stuff you've already done  
Must be the southern shandy drinker in me.

Love the sig, reminds me of 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me'. ooerr

Adrian

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>or stick and stones may break my bones but snow and ice excite me

for the snow bunnies amongst us

·
Registered
101 Posts
Imported post

Hi
I was in Scapa aboard the Sunrise this August just gone (excellent boat, skipper etc) and we went up to nrthern isles as well. How good are those dives, especially the Tommelina, you can swim right the way underneath it, with the hull to your left and the rock to your right as you approach it.
Ben

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

i have a very slinky photo of the prop on the tommelina, very atmospheric.  I dont think i can post pics on here tho, or i could bore you all senseless about scapa.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Hi Helen,
Welcome to YD! If you got the pics in your computer, it's easy to post them here. Just click on "Add file" and then follow your nose. You may need to crop the pics and/or change the resolution to make the file small enough though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts