YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cos my new Seaskin MTM front loading membrane arrives next week :) I seem to have outgrown my Oceanic Aerdura :-( and it may well find it's way into the personals. I will be interested to see the difference with a suit with room for air. Oceanic has had a nice rinse after it's first sea dives, and even though I've only done about 25 dives in it it's been a good suit.

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,

Very brief one under title Trefor in trips. Haven't had time to organise my pics yet, will add some more later.

·
Team Erectus Domini Co-Founder
400 Posts
Good luck with the suit, when you say out grew though, did you out grow it when you saw the SeaSkin? because im thinking of 'out growing' my suit too

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the Seaskin or serious sessions in the gym. The seaskin won, plus Richard assures me it will still be ok if I shrink a bit in all the right places.

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I got the suit today, and a dry run with the kit it fits really well. I can reach all the bits I'm supposed to, and even bend and touch my toes!

can't wait to give it a test run soon.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Keep us updated mate. After you sent me the PM in response to my previous post i'm going to get me a Sea Skin too when i can afford it. Did you get the Membrane or Neoprene number?
I too could do with shifting about 2 stone. Would you say the suit would still be ok in this unlikely event:)

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep us updated mate. After you sent me the PM in response to my previous post i'm going to get me a Sea Skin too when i can afford it. Did you get the Membrane or Neoprene number?
I too could do with shifting about 2 stone. Would you say the suit would still be ok in this unlikely event:)
I got a membrane, also would be better 2 stone lighter, I reckon it will still be ok, main thing is it's the right length in legs and arms and the boots are the right size! whole lot with all my bits and bobs was under £500.

I reckon I can absorb 2 stone worth of gut loss by the kit pressing on it. Then there will be beer room :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts