YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well, it looks like my next trip from Sacramento to the UK will be at the end of March.  I'll be going to Bangor, Wales on the 29th.  So, I have the previous weekend, the 27-28 to do some UK diving!

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm gonna miss Peter's trip to the Sound of Mull earlier in the month.

Anyway, anyone doing any dives around N. Wales on the 27-28 that wouldn't mind having a Yank tag-a-long?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Tony, great to hear that your coming over again.

I would love to take you out on a boat out of Anglesey and show you what the diving there is like - unfortunately I will be confined to base as I will be expecting my wife to deliver a couple of days later.  I'm sure that a couple of others will be along and volunteer to show you the sights!

Watch out for him with the Gimp suit tho

We'll have to get you shooting the dSMB to keep your hand in.

Tim

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Happy days Tony! I'm off work for that weekend so I'm sure we can sort some diving from Anglesey. I'll make some enquiries for a boat for the two days and then get a gig on the go!

Watch this space!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

If you fancy the Clyde give me a shout Tony and I'll whip something together. Just a thought!

Peter

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Guys, it'll be good to see you again!  Mark that's fantastic that you're off!  So I know I have at least one dive partner for the weekend.  Also, I've sorted out the focusing problem I had with my video camera so this time I'll be able to shoot some good video (hopefully!) on our next dive.

Peter what's the Clyde?

Also, if you all need me to bring anything over (I hear alot of talk about springs for springstraps....) let me know and I'll see what I can do.  Just shoot me a PM.

I'm really looking forward to coming back over!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Tony,
           It's a little River that runs through Glasgow. Here's a LINKY THING

Peter

·
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Tony,

I've never dived the Clyde but I'm told by those that do that the viz is about 1", on a good day!

I presumed that after all the travel we did last time you'd prefer something a little less "long haul", hence the Anglesey suggestion (I guess you know that it's right next to Bangor). However, if you're up for a bit of a trip we could do something else. The south coast is an option. I've not been down for a few years and hoped for a trip sometime this year. Andy has got his new boat going (The Taurus) so we could put some business his way.

And of course we could do Scotland again (even the Clyde!).

It's your trip, so I'll let you make the call.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Hey Mark,

Yeah, flying 1/2 way across the world and immediately jumping in your car for a 6 hour drive to Scotland was a bit of a challenge, but of course well worth it.

This time though I do think I'd like to stay a little more local, particularly since Bangor is a little more remote to get to.  Also it'll be a shorter drive for you.  I would offer to drive but I really don't know about those round-abouts.  I did dive Anglesey last spring and liked it and would definitely like to explore more of that area, particularly any wrecks.

At the end of this month I'm actually headed up to B.C. for some wreck diving on the Cape Breton and Saskatchewan (I know that's not spelled right!).  I think I have wreck fever!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kramynot2000 @ Jan. 07 2004,02:33)]Peter what's the Clyde?
l thought it was the long armed orangy tangy monkey thing that starred with Clint Eastwood in Every which way but loose and Every which way you can.

Its the Glenfiddich not Glayva thats talking this evening  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Jan. 07 2004,14:34)]Hi Tony,

Peter
Well, more of a stream really!  

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Jan. 08 2004,00:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Jan. 07 2004,14:34)]Hi Tony,

Peter
Well, more of a stream really!  
And it runs because it doesn't want to be mugged  

·
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>It's looking good for a boat for the weekend in Anglesey - and I'm told it's a good time of year with the best visibility, usually.

So who might be interested? Raise your hands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts