YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

After being in the market for a new laptop for a while now (my last one went belly up just after going out of warranty - 4 days!!!) I have just taken receipt of a nice new shiny one from a little known company called Rock.

Well,  their service was excellent.  I called them and went through their selection on Tuesday - we discussed what I needed and they made a recommendation without pushing their latest models.  What I bought is perfectly suited to my needs.

So, we discuss warranty and guess what - for all their laptops they do 3 yrs parts and labour as standard, try doing that at Dixons, PC World et al.

And where the others would have delivered in 7 - 10 days, I have mine now.  I'm typing on it.  It's bloody brilliant.  

So, if you decide that as some point you need a laptop then give them a look over.

www.rockdirect.com

You can even go pick up at their place instead of having it delivered and save the charge (tho. at £30 its cheaper than almost every direct supplier).

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Just one major flaw!  Can't see how you would install OSX on them  

Oh well I suppose you can always stick Linux on it Tim  

Actually they do look pretty slick for windoze machines.

Daz

P.S  Any other Powerbook/mac users out there?

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Juz

Might be something wrong with tinernet, I can't seem to load anything very quickly except homepage (BBC) and YD, oh, dear looks like I'll have to stay here.  

I bought a new hard drive for my laptop from laptopbits.co.uk on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday, just need someone to put it all back together again.  As they didn't have a 6gb one they sold me a 10 at the same price.  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well I seem to be accessing everything fine.

The speed has been fine since I restoked the engine on the powerbook  
  SMUG MODE engaged

Actually,  connection speeds in the afternoon are normally influenced by the americans waking up, scoffing donuts and finally starting some work.

Daz

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Ah but to get a 17" widescreen mac I'd need to spend an arm and a leg.  This wasn't that much.

Mmmm.. includes a built-in card reader too, so now I can just take my CF's and stick 'em in.

Rock On!

Juz,  just tried their website and it doesn't seem to be responding,

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Mar. 19 2004,12:22)]P.S  Any other Powerbook/mac users out there?
Oh yes.

10.3.3 updated yesterday.

She's a beauty. I would get myself a G5 at work if they'd let me (but no, not likely)

(iMac FP 17", 1GHz, 1Gb RAM, Superdrive).

I have to put up with a crap Dell laptop at work, though.

Mark.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Mar. 19 2004,12:22)]P.S  Any other Powerbook/mac users out there?
All our office run on Macs of various ages, models etc...

For home I use an Ibook which does everything I need and lots which I aspire to.

Couldn't ever see why anyone would use a windows machine. Mac's just work. Now if someone could write some deco software to run on an ipod..............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts