YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

So I finally got tired of niggley issues with my Green force arrows.

Great idea, lovely light (both Halogen and HID) really nicely made, but so unreliable it has finally driven me daft.  Never has there been so much swearing in Hodge Close.  (Apart from the lost van driver who ended up in the bottom...City Link delivery?  Or at least that is how I assume the van got in the bottom!! )

So it's opinion time...halcyon, CD...any other takers...??

has to be HID (Digi camera light and main light on dives) with option to use spot or video light lenses..either by switching lenses on the surface or by using that neat idea that halcyon use.

Down in POrtland AT easter so gonna try and get hold of a halcyon canister from there to try...but not too happy about the weight involved with their battery units.

Diving twin 10's or 12's even without stage I am already pretty negative...no Weight belt or back plate.  not really interested in the ditchable weight concept...not required as I am already too heavy.

Interested to hear good, bad opinions on performance, reliaiblity, on CD or Halcyon and any other models worth a glance.

JP

·
Registered
125 Posts
Imported post

Hi there,

I have just got myself the Helios 9 with a 10watt HID lamp - what an absolute magic peice of kit.  I went for the Helios coz the NIMH battery pack is so much smaller than the PbAcid variety, it has a faster charge time and a longer burn time.  If you are looking for small go for the Helios 4.5 practically microscopic and has a 4 hr burn time, I went for the Helios 9 which has an 8 hr burn time.  The reason I chose the 10 watt head over the 18 watt head is simple - there is about £250.00 difference.

Check 'em out helios lights

HTH Ian Daly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts