YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date to pencil in your diary folks. The first ‘TEKCamp’ will be held from Monday 25th to Friday 29th July 2011 inclusive. Join ten of the UK's top technical diving instructors for five days of solid diving, lectures, presentations and - of course - fun at Vobster Quay, Somerset UK. More details coming soon.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Some big names already signed up for TEKCamp 2011 - Phil Short, Martin Robson, Paul Toomer, Mark Powell, Rich Walker and Richie Stevenson to name just a few. What's more, both myself and GLOC will be there on official photography duties (above and below water!) - it's gonna be *alot* of fun! :)

If anyone wants to follow developments, there's a Facebook page online now... TEKCamp 2011 | Facebook

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Some good presentations already confirmed - Mark Powell will be giving another of his ever-popular talks on decompression theory and our very own Gareth Lock will be presenting on Human Factors & Safety. Rich Walker and Richie Stevenson will also be presenting on wreck diving whilst Phil Short will be scaring the living delights out of us with stories of bonkers cave diving derring doos! The bloke's a nutter, I tell you... ;)

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
It looks like it'll be a great party. I would have been there but I've got to be somewhere else...

...a lot warmer.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
"Can I sign up for just one or two days?
We believe that in order for an attendee to get the most out of TEKCamp 2011, attendance for the full five days is a must. If you're unable to attend the full week but still wish to attend, you're welcome to attend but the full registration fee will still be charged - we regret that we are unable to offer discounted registration."

It looks like a great idea but 5 days is a big commitment. It's a shame it couldn't be broken down a bit for those only able to commit a couple of days.

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Just to clarify - it's £300 for the five days
During that time - you'll get to work with all ten Instructors and should be able to try your hand at every workshop
The preference is for people who will do all five days and Tekcamp will be sold on this basis to start off with.
Places are limited to 80 only - I imagine it will sell out pretty quickly for people wanting to do all five days
There will be CCR try dives, scooter workshops and tons of sexy stuff that you'd never normally get to try
Plus a great social every evening, some brilliant lectures, BBQ's etc
I'm sharing a room at the B&B with Toomer - we're just in negotiations at the moment
Never argue with a big South African :D
Fair play to Martin for thinking big on this one - it's gonna be superb :)

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I'm sharing a room at the B&B with Toomer - we're just in those delicate "who's going to be Mummy, who's going to be Daddy" negotiations at the moment
Never argue with a big South African :D
"Do you want to be mummy or daddy?"
"Errrrrrr I'll be daddy"
"Get on your knees and suck mummy's cock"

1 - 20 of 143 Posts