YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

A 65-year-old man collapsed shortly after surfacing from a dive on Sunday 12 October off Lochaline near Oban, north-west Scotland.
Peter Walker, 65, from Ellon in Aberdeenshire was diving from the boat Brendan but collapsed and became unconscious shortly after surfacing from the dive and climbing back on board.
Oxygen was administered and the Coastguard alerted. The Oban lifeboat was called to attend and a rescue helicopter from Prestwick was scrambled.
A local doctor was first at the scene, but he was unable to resuscitate the man. The diver was pronounced dead shortly afterwards. The incident was reported in The Scotsman

NB. From what extra I've read it was due to exhaustion. I don't understand that though!
Also the Brenden is owned by the same skipper I use for the Peregrine out of Lochaline.

Condolences to family anf friends,
Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Amen to that, brother Kelly.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Always sad to hear of a diving related death. Deepest sympathy to all family and friends.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I can only add my condolences and support Peter in that both the Brendan and Pereguine are run superbly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts