YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it annoy the crap out of anybody else when somebody does something so utterly stupid that they don't actually deserve to be allowed to reproduce, and actually them not existing any more seems like a perfectly normal proposition to all around them?

When they do something so obviously wrong that if I did it not only would I be out of a job, I'd actually resign before they got as far as sacking me?

Why is it that organisations continue to employ people who are such utter fecking knobheads? Surely it can't be hard to sack somebody who is so bloody useless that you might as well ask the cardboard box in the corner to help as it would be as much use - they are unlikely to work out when they are supposed to turn up for the disciplinary meeting, and they certainly wouldn't be able to work out how to appeal against it.

It bothers me a lot that I am required to meet a standard, and if I don't meet that standard I know about it pretty bloody quickly. People who work for other companies don't have this standard, or at least don't have the self respect to at least try and do a good job.

Utter, utter buffoons. I genuinely nearly drove to their offices, walked in and shouted across the office - "You, daft twat, who can't do his bloody job, we need to have a bit of a sit down so I can explain to you why you are a bloody idiot, and then I'm going to tell you, without ever having done it, how to do your job, because it's so bloody simple even a monkey could fecking do it"

I am now pretty much completely screwed because of somebody else being a complete arse. It was bad enough when I was a bit screwed before but could fix it, now I can't fix it because somebody outside of my control is a total imbecile.

Digs.

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
And breathe! :)

Reactions: Mirk

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And to reply to my own post in narcissistic fashion, I think there shouldn't actually be protective barriers in front of things, or safety devices to sop people putting things in plugs, or having guards to stop people putting their hands into moving machinery. I think it is well overdue that Darwin gives the human race a good kicking again - we've been allowing the complete lack of common sense gene to surivive for way too long.

Digs.

·
Team Peanut Butter
2,306 Posts
I used to work idiots who could not do there job unfortunately they did just enough to meet the terms of there contract, were good at are licking so were never even taken down thee disciplinary route. It is very hard to get rid of idiots once they have full contract.

Graham.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
It's the law of diminishing returns.

Once a buffoon has been promoted, they themselves will never recruit or promote anyone who is more competent than them, this exerts a continuing downward pressure until an organisation is entirely managed by twats who eventually break the thing.

See also Royal Bank of Scotland and Dunning-Kreuger Syndrome.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I've just been told that e-mailing a person who is the boss of a complete fecking idiot to explain exactly why they are a complete fecking idiot and why they are making my life difficult, when their job is to do the exact bloody opposite, is not the right way to flag up issues, and that I should wait until I see them face to face to explain my concerns. And then be fobbed off, no doubt.

I'm just going to send the e-mails, print the e-mails, and then just start with "please explain to me why this person is still employed by your company" - the most amusing thing about all of this (and somewhat depressing) is that when making thousands of redundancies, they managed to miss all the complete fecking knobheads and instead get rid of the only people who actually achieved anything. Ever.

Digs.

·
miles and miles from any good diving
108 Posts
Morons are a fact of life - They don't actually mean to cause harm, it just happens.

Now compliance and procurement officials on the other hand.... Form filling, box ticking, malicious scum - be glad you dont have to deal with them

·
miles and miles from any good diving
108 Posts
they managed to miss all the complete fecking knobheads and instead get rid of the only people who actually achieved anything. Ever.

Digs.
Because the people in charge of redundancies don't want anyone left in the company that might threaten their position?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Or maybe, the other side of it is that person was having a bad day, something wrong in their personal life, maybe their team has been cut and cut and cut further that they are having to do the work of 3 members of staff. Or put into a role that they haven't been trained or equipped for and yes they really don't know how to do their job.

Lighten up before you have a stroke.

J.

·
bored
2,308 Posts
Incompetance is now the norm.
A competant person in most organisations, now stands out as outstanding in my experience.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I want to know how incompetents often float to the top. The head of shipping for my business asked me last week what a delivery note was...

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or maybe, the other side of it is that person was having a bad day, something wrong in their personal life, maybe their team has been cut and cut and cut further that they are having to do the work of 3 members of staff. Or put into a role that they haven't been trained or equipped for and yes they really don't know how to do their job.

Lighten up before you have a stroke.

J.
Honestly, that really wasn't the case. The guys just couldn't be bloody arsed to do a good job, and couldn't be arsed to check his own work before he cocked it up.

The guy has been doing the job for at least 2 years, he is completely trained and able to do it, he's just a total prat.

Anyway, it's fixed now, thanks to me pulling my hair out and having to get unpleasant with somebody I didn't want to get unpleasant with.

Digs.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Honestly, that really wasn't the case. The guys just couldn't be bloody arsed to do a good job, and couldn't be arsed to check his own work before he cocked it up.

The guy has been doing the job for at least 2 years, he is completely trained and able to do it, he's just a total prat.

Anyway, it's fixed now, thanks to me pulling my hair out and having to get unpleasant with somebody I didn't want to get unpleasant with.

Digs.
Digger said:
And to reply to my own post in narcissistic fashion, I think there shouldn't actually be protective barriers in front of things, or safety devices to sop people putting things in plugs, or having guards to stop people putting their hands into moving machinery. I think it is well overdue that Darwin gives the human race a good kicking again - we've been allowing the complete lack of common sense gene to surivive for way too long.
Let he that is without sin cast the first stone?
:D

·
I'll have one of everything......please.
454 Posts
There are three good reasons for incompetence in the workplace,
1 Competent people get promoted rather than rewarded, until they end up in a role they are incompetent in (Peter principle).
2 People get promoted to get them out of the way and stop them slowing things down/ ****ing things up (can be awkward to get rid of people).
3 Nepotism

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Does it annoy the crap out of anybody else when somebody does something so utterly stupid that they don't actually deserve to be allowed to reproduce, and actually them not existing any more seems like a perfectly normal proposition to all around them?

When they do something so obviously wrong that if I did it not only would I be out of a job, I'd actually resign before they got as far as sacking me?

Why is it that organisations continue to employ people who are such utter fecking knobheads? Surely it can't be hard to sack somebody who is so bloody useless that you might as well ask the cardboard box in the corner to help as it would be as much use - they are unlikely to work out when they are supposed to turn up for the disciplinary meeting, and they certainly wouldn't be able to work out how to appeal against it.

It bothers me a lot that I am required to meet a standard, and if I don't meet that standard I know about it pretty bloody quickly. People who work for other companies don't have this standard, or at least don't have the self respect to at least try and do a good job.

Utter, utter buffoons. I genuinely nearly drove to their offices, walked in and shouted across the office - "You, daft twat, who can't do his bloody job, we need to have a bit of a sit down so I can explain to you why you are a bloody idiot, and then I'm going to tell you, without ever having done it, how to do your job, because it's so bloody simple even a monkey could fecking do it"

I am now pretty much completely screwed because of somebody else being a complete arse. It was bad enough when I was a bit screwed before but could fix it, now I can't fix it because somebody outside of my control is a total imbecile.

Digs.
It sounds like you've just had to deal with the Public Sector!

Remember, the public sector is the employer of last resort. They employ every dumb-f*ck who the private sector gives a very wide berth!

K.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Thanks Ken, I work for the public sector ;)

·
Squidgey Member
2,151 Posts
Was the use of the Digger pole Mk 3 used in an approprate mannor?

·
bored
2,308 Posts
There are three good reasons for incompetence in the workplace,
1 Competent people get promoted rather than rewarded, until they end up in a role they are incompetent in (Peter principle).
2 People get promoted to get them out of the way and stop them slowing things down/ ****ing things up (can be awkward to get rid of people).
3 Nepotism
I work in a family business, have done since I left sixth form. Nepotisim got me my job.

Now all I need is someone else who can do a fraction of what I can, after all its only a lathe/miller, any idiot can use one of them.
CNC? easy, childs play.
Try and find somone who knows more than how to press cycle start. Setting or programming, no chance. More than two machine axis, complicated (mine go to 7 and 10).
Ironically I can set/program/run everything, turn, mill, cad/cam & run a business.
Not bad for nepotisim.
I earn about £20 a week more than people who reckon they are perfection incarnate, when realistically they barely know their arse from their elbow. These days that is regarded as "competant".

1 - 20 of 77 Posts