YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Does anyone know if it is possible to arrange independant insurance for holiday cancellation that will offer the same cover as a ABTA/ATOL travel agent.

Reason being,  we are looking at chartering a liveaboad for a large group of us direct with the owners and would then arrange our own flights seperately.

Daz

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Daz

Are you not just looking for travel insurance which covers diving ?  I nearly alway use Buddyindepth.co.uk. Good cover for both normal things plus insured to dive to whatever I am qualified to do, group booking they may offer a discount.

Most airlines are ATOL bonded anyway.  

FB

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Daz,

Off the top of my head, I'd advise you speak directly to Westfield (their SCUBA & Marine policy) to see what they might advise.

Good luck.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Cheers,

I have my annual insurance with Westfield so will give them a try.  The problem is that if we charter a liveaboard direct with a company in say egypt for 20 people at a cost of £500 each and the company goes TU can we get our money back...

I'll give Westfield a try.

Daz

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

If no luck you should be able to get covre through one of the big brokers like Marsh.
They have contacts with underwriters directly and can cover anything.........at a price.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Daz,

If your dive group are home owners they may already be individually covered for their kit (mine is under home and contents - even if I have to ditch all in an emergency).

Bryan

[EDIT]

Sorry abt the above, I saw the word insurance and went off into a little world of my own without reading all of the question.

I left my post in because, although nothing to do with the question asked, I don't think that many divers would know that their kit is covered in this way - it is certainly worth finding out about. (I actually wrote to my insurers and got a letter back confirming that my kit was covered, even if dumped in emergency). As always the insurance could be invalidated if exceeding the "qualified to" depth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts