YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has just been sent to me. I am not sure if it has been here before, apologies if it has. Also, I don't know the accuracy of this, but it is something to think about......
FOR YOUR INFO. BE AWARE...

Hi Ladies!

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen showand said this same exact thing.
So please be very careful ladies.

Subject: Drinking Bottled Water Kept in Car

....a friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
The doctor told her: women should not drink bottled water that has beenleft in a car. The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the
bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So pleasebe careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car,
and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is thekind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!! The heat
causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they havefound these toxins in breast tissue.
Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Just read this and thought I would check Snopes to see if this was an urban legend. Not quite as it was based on an un-peer reviewed paper.

More information available here

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't sure about it, and I had heard stuff about not re-using plastic bottles. I always thought it was because of the bacteria issue and the fact that they are made of a plastci which decomposes more quiclky than some other plastics.

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Just read this and thought I would check Snopes to see if this was an urban legend. Not quite as it was based on an un-peer reviewed paper.

More information available here
I followd the link to Snopes and did a search for "breast cancer" return number 14 was sad

G

·
I followd the link to Snopes and did a search for "breast cancer" return number 14 was sad
What you mean it's all a myth....have been duped for years into thinking it was good for me :embarassed:

Did any woman actually believe that crap anyway?

Corinne

·
Registered
298 Posts
What you mean it's all a myth....have been duped for years into thinking it was good for me :embarassed:

Did any woman actually believe that crap anyway?

Corinne
Ssshhhh! If my girlfriend reads this she might start to doubt that it is good for her spots too!

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ssshhhh! If my girlfriend reads this she might start to doubt that it is good for her spots too!
Oh, goodness me...you'll be trying to tell us that if you don't... err.. get it on a regular basis that your nuts will explode as it all backs up in there.
:eek:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Oh, goodness me...you'll be trying to tell us that if you don't... err.. get it on a regular basis that your nuts will explode as it all backs up in there.
Honest, that's a medical fact ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
I concur with Steve S:)

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, now here's a thing.

I have never heard of it actually happening.

Therefore, it never has.

Therefore, men don't get that 'backed up'

Therefore, you must all regularly er...

You're all W***kers!!!!!!
:D :D

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Ok, now here's a thing.

Therefore, it never has.

I concur with Scubee :wink:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Ok, now here's a thing.

Therefore, it never has.

What about us happily married men who get sex all the time? :frown:

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
If I had a quid for every time I'd heard that one :rolleyes:

Ok, now here's a thing.
Therefore, it never has.

Aren't we all ? :teeth:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about us happily married men who get sex all the time? :frown:
Lucky you! Obviously the exception that proves the rule. If you are getting it all the time, then you won't get backed up... that's the point. :)

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
99% of men admit to w**king the other 1% are liars.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts