YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>and there was me thinking you were selling yours to keep up with Mark and his MEG

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Will you bastards stop talking about bloody Inspirations in front of me.

Jay - how do I block all such information from appearing on my computer.

Sob. It's not as if I want much in life. FFS one bloody piece of dive kit.

If I can devise some way to cause an accident involving no longer required parts of my body and an exploding biro hmmmm .... Kin hell - I'm not even bloody insured.

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

Dont worry finny.... he painted the kitty litter tray black, no self respecting cat will crap in it now  

or is it a sledge... the only CCR that comes with a winter sports attachment <ponders>

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just over two grand.....

I can get by on one kidney....cant I?

Gutted.

Stu.

·
Stability - in an ever spinning world
1,080 Posts
Imported post

just had a look at the unit on e bay remember it may be cheap to buy but be carful buying from usa or any were apart from the uk for that mater as you will get stung with the inport taxs plus shipping and it really mounts up,i've had a lot of RB stuff from the usa but now wont bother it just ends up costing more that you think

best john

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Mate of mine just got a unit from the States via e-Bay & he got an absolute battering from UPS on account of the import tax.  Thing is, it's 2/hand and a personal import so isn't liable.  UPS' attitude in the face of this was 'The vendor's put the value of the thing on the box (for insurance purposes), we don't care, give us the dosh and sort it out with HM Customs afterwards or you don't get the box." Won't go into the details, but everything worked out OK and UPS can go and get f*cked. Don't ship UPS, they truly are w*nkers.  Separate issue, don't ship US Postal cos they'll lose the thing.
As for shipping. Yup.  It costs a good few quid & needs to be factored into the overall cost.
It does seem like an awful lot of faffing about, but if you get the right price and screw your noddle you'll get a good deal.

I demand an apology re: kitty litter etc - If bought with (optional) shovel, the cover makes a nice little boat if you're very wee.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Mar. 30 2004,21:37)]"UPS can go and get f*cked. Don't ship UPS, they truly are w*nkers."

"I demand an apology re: kitty litter etc - If bought with (optional) shovel, the cover makes a nice little boat if you're very wee."
Jeesh Rob!! .......slightly libelous maybe??

I can put up with the the cover! ....its just the colour thats a big issue.

regards

Mark

www.divebelize.com

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

I've had no end of problems with the sods in the past and this was the icing on the cake.  Anyway, not libellous.  Given that, by definition, the vast majority of peeps aren't averse to the odd 'knuckle shuffle' from time to time (according to what I read in the mags you understand) - technically I'm not being libellous.  Though I admit it might be a job to prove it in court...."Exhibit A-  a sniff of Mr UPS' fingers, m'lud."

And what's wrong with bright yellow?  It's the new black I hear

There are rumours there's a fella out there diving his with the cover painted a la Turtle (real one that is)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>janos,
good luck with your bid,looks legit.
do you require/have a breather cert to buy this or do you require one?

cheers
barrie

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

The guy's gone on record as not requiring a cert, operating on the 'it's your neck, what you do with it isn't my problem' principle.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>rob,
fair-enough have to confess to not reading all the e-bay listing.

cheers
barrie

nb bet it goes ballistic at the end  

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Wotcher Barrie,
don't think it was on the eBay listing, but he posted it on Scubaboard -you wouldn't believe the amount of YDers posting on there!...actually maybe you would

Be interested to see what it does finally go for. He says, checking out the Evolution blurb & getting all wishful thinking...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>rob,
scubaboard cant say i know it?
evolution looks tidy and should appeal to many ccr divers but i'm as happy as a pig in shit with the inspiration takes a fierce amount of abuse and seems to enjoy it!!

cheers
barrie

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

Scubaboard

True enough, the box does everything I want of it and I love it dearly, but every now & again I get 'shiny new toy syndrome' and start wondering about the bits of wreck I could get into if I didn't have that ferkin great lump strapped to my back

Anyway, the asking price for the Evo? Not in this lifetime mate.  I'll stick with 'Timex' - takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'.  Yes, shamelessly ripped off of The Fly II before anyone pipes up

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

I'm not sure what's going on here - he seems to have withdrawn the sale. Probably a good thing as I can't really afford it anyway.

I don't have a Rebreather cert yet, but don't worry, if I had won it I wouldn't have touched the unit until I did. My Master Plan is to get a breather in a couple of years time. I have a dedicated saving fund which I put spare cash into for that purpose. However, I couldn't afford not to miss a unit which is less than a year old for less than 3 grand, even if I would have to ship it over (and get new tanks?) and perhaps (for my own peace of mind) get APV to look over it.

Anyways, I'm rambling somewhat. I've only just got the twins which has opened up a whole range of wrecks so perhaps the next two years don't look so bad after all.  

Laters,
   Janos

1 - 20 of 21 Posts