YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Guys

I recieved this yesterday, i am very tempted, but it may not go down to well with her indoors. Any takers?

Sounds up Diggers street to me.

Regards

Paul

Hello

Do you know anyone who would like to join a coral reef survey expedition as a dive instructor? Greenforce, a registered non-profit organization, operates three long-term projects in Fiji, Malaysia and the Bahamas conducting reef surveys for host country partners. See our website www.Greenforce.org for details.

Right now we are looking to recruit two more BSAC dive instructors. We need a minimum of BSAC Open Water Instructor, together with oxygen admin and boat handling qualifications. Mechanical skills and the ability to service dive equipment would also be an advantage. The position would be for a minimum of twelve months, based at one of our expedition camps.

We cannot promise a big salary, but offer the chance to escape the UK for a year, living a unique life on a tropical island well off the tourist trail.

If this sounds interesting, please drop me an e-mail or call me on 0207 470 8888 for a chat. Alternatively, if you know someone to whom this would appeal, please let them know.

Thanks.

Jonathon Tully
Director of Operations
Greenforce

11-15 Betterton Street, Covent Garden
London WC2H 9BP
Tel 0870 770 2646
International +44 207 470 8888
www.Greenforce.org

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Paul,

just asked the wife jokingly if it would be ok and she said yes straight away, should I be worried

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Steve

I did think about plying my wife with booze then asking her later, maybe tapeing the reply.

On the other hand i could just cheese her off all weekend till she tells me to go, which may well happen anyway.

Ho hum

Paul

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

thinking about it in a years time either with this lot or coral cay as medical officer:)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

I've got a friend who is out in Fiji doing exactly the above job with Greenforce. He had a career over here, but decided that he would pack it all in and go away for a while.

He is having an amazing time, living in a tent (with crabs burrowing under it at night!!), shower is a bucket over the head, loo is a hole in the ground but the diving is awesome. Basically the volenteers arrive with little or no diving experience (in most cases), the first couple of weeks involves teaching them to sports diver. The next few weeks is then spent supervising their diving, setting up survey areas and collecting data from them aswell as maintaing the kit, boat and the compressor. Each set of volenteers is there for 10 or 12 weeks I think. You then get 2 weeks in a capital city processing data etc, then a new set of vols arrive.

There is certainly no glamour about it, and you ae not going to get rich doing it. You also have to like 18 yr old gap year students!! Ed went out there with only a basic knowledge of boats and compressors (what I had taught him really), and is now fully in charge of the mechanics of everything.

If anyone is serious about this PM me and I will forward you his email address. I have no doubts he would recommend it to anyone.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts