YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any decent insurance brokers I can get on the case for an insurance quote for my Navara?

Direct Line seem to think that going from 13 to 14 years of no claims justifies a 98% hike in my insurance and a 94% hike in my no claims protection :angry:

Anyone else seen stupid renewals recently? Is this yet another expense that's about to go through the roof?!

·
Go Big or Go Home
1,865 Posts
yeah mine increased 40% on renewal,not to worry ill shop around like normal the rest were double.Well pi**ed off

·
Under the water i`m home
422 Posts
Try Liverpool & Victoria, as had the same problem with More Than, whose quote for my old Galaxy was more than my current premium from LV for my new Merc 350 Cdi estate, which i still cannot fathom out .

·
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
1,081 Posts
Just had a good quote from Adrian Flux for my Hilux - cheaper than my renewal qoute from DialDirect by £120 and that includes offroad insurance. Worth giving NFU a ring, although they werent any good for me.

·
Go Big or Go Home
1,865 Posts
If you "go compare"thru quidco you get £1.50 cashback,every little helps.
Confused.com is a quid

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
I told Direct Line that I had been happy to stay with them over the years but am now reviewing my costs and wanted to speak to them first to see what customer loyalty they could offer before I shopped around. Speak to their customer loyalty dept. My monthly insurance cost was brought down from £45 to £28 with immediate effect.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I am with tradex. 8 vans, a jcb and a Prodrive scooby all for £1200, any driver.

·
One Team One Dream
3,388 Posts
LOL these people that go out and buy Big boys toys and then complain about the cost of running them........ Tsk ;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
My insurance company always send me a letter with a renewal quote, and the instructions to "just do nothing" so it'll auto renew. What I do is log onto confused.com and moneysupermarket.com, re-quote my saved quotes form last year, then phone my current insurer and tell them what I can get it for. They then "check with their manager" and "recalculate with the updated method" to give me a renewal quote of exactly the figure I just told them.

Check moneysavingexpert.com for the guide on exactly which comparison websites give best coverage of all the insurance companies.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had been a loyal Directline Custome for 12 years - received my renewal in April - 50% increase on last year!! :confused:

Did the run around comparison, and relieved to find that I could get back to even better than last years quote!

Called Directline, and cancelled - even though they were immediatly willing to match this, just as a matter of principle, I told them to shove it!

If everyone did that, they might have a long hard think about the risks of taking the pi$$!!

Rob

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I had been a loyal Directline Custome for 12 years - received my renewal in April - 50% increase on last year!! :confused:

Did the run around comparison, and relieved to find that I could get back to even better than last years quote!

Called Directline, and cancelled - even though they were immediatly willing to match this, just as a matter of principle, I told them to shove it!

If everyone did that, they might have a long hard think about the risks of taking the pi$$!!

Rob
If an insurance company offered a "we won't take the piss" guarantee then I would use them. Then again I suppose they've done the maths and the money they would lose this way is made up for by the people who don't bother to check.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

Rob
I've just done exactly the same thing with privilige... if their reward for customer loyalty is a price hike then I'll take my business elsewhere.

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought I'd post an update on this - Direct Line were unable/couldn't be bothered to revise their ridiculous quote at all, so LV have a new customer and are providing improved cover for less than I paid last year.

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
I managed to beat DL down on my home insurance. Interestingly, when I went on to the Go Compare web site, no other company bettered my DL car insurance renewal quote. Guess it depends on your profile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts