YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi guy's have any of you had any experinece with Dive Master insurance??

Just trying to get the best I can afford really.  Some have suggested putting equipement on house contents but my policy won't cover it.

Also the reason I'm looking at Dive master is the medicall cover which I hope I never need.

Oh I also looked at westfield upon some recommendations they look good aswell.

Notice upon searching that some of you use westfield..

Cheer's

Stay safe

·
Registered
297 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ian
give Dive-Guard a ring,
i have had insurance with them for the last 6 years, i have not had a problem with any claim that i have made. i use them
for Kit,  accident, travel,
01709 555221/ 01709 563332
hope this is of some help to you
safe Diving
Dave

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Cheer's Dave

to be completely honest I was just fishing (Sorry)  I've already taking the policy (IDEC, travel, equipment as you have.) I've recently just joined YD, and was just making sure I wasn't going to get shafted as it were, (never want to have to use the insurance if you know what I mean.)

But thanks for letting me now appreciate it , one less thing to worry about

Stay safe mate

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Just for every ones info, I took out a policy with Westfield, and as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
Only after reading the policy 'small print' did I realise that the cover, whilst based on the purchase price of your kit. Reduces year on year. In short the £1000 policy you paid last year and the year before will only pay you 20% less for the same kit in the third year.
Strange how they forgot to mention that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts