YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Guys,

I am looking at taking out insurance for myself and for my camera.

For the personal insurance I am trying to decide between DAN or the Padi Insurance provided by Vicencia and Buckley.

I have been looking all over the place for insurance that will cover my camera for flooding, so far I have looked at westfield and dive-master, neither of which have replied to my emails, this always puts me off so I was wondering if there are any other dive equipment  insurers out there.

Cheers
Adam

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

Hi Adam,

I enquired about insurance for holiday this summer and Divemaster were very slow to respond (particularly as they seem to be internet based???) I phoned and they sorted me out there and then. Try it. You may have to look the number up on yell(ow pages online site). You could mention my story and suggest they publish their phone number as their email replying is CrxP.

Dave C

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I think (and I might be wrong) divemaster are one of the few who cover flooding....

Westfield do not (well according to what I can find in my policy) cover flooding but they do cover accidental loss if for instance I dropped it in some very deep water.  (Probably due to the shock of seeing it flood  
)

Daz

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Adam

You mentioned personal insurance, you do mean just for holidays don't you ?  if so I use:

www.buddyindepth.co.uk  they seem to cover everything I need and they insure you to your qualifiying depth not just 30m.  

For equipment including camera cover I use Divemaster, although on a recent camera course I was told they only cover as long as the camera and housing as been serviced annually, but I have since checked the policy and it did say it is covered without servicing as long as it is under, I think 4 years old. Over 4 years and it is probably not worth spending the insurance anyway.  

The course instructor said he has never taken out insurance for his photographic equipment and he had thousands worth of kit.

Fiona

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Mar. 04 2004,09:31)]but I have since checked the policy and it did say it is covered without servicing as long as it is under, I think 4 years old. Over 4 years and it is probably not worth spending the insurance anyway.  
you sure about that Fiona? here's the extract from the Divemaster Website

CAMERA CLAUSE

It is hereby noted and agreed that in consideration for the additional premium paid the list of underwater photographic equipment captioned on the Camera Equipment Section of this Proposal Form is covered by the full benefit of this certificate and is extended to include damage as a result of unexplained flooding, but only if evidence is supplied that the damaged items have been serviced in accordance with manufacturers/suppliers recommendations and that after flooding "First Aid" to the damaged unit is carried out in accordance with the manufacturers recommendation. Additionally the damaged unit must be submitted to a recognised service agent of the manufacturer for repair as soon as practically possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts