YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just browsing Digital Diver and came across this interesting gadget - a convertor which looks like it lets you use non-digital strobes with nikonos connectors with digital cameras!

Apparently it can cope with pre-flashes and from reading bits of the site it looks as if it should actually be able to manage ttl if the camera supports it.

Will do more reading!!!

Simon

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Yeah it does look good doesn't it.  I've made an offer to Matthias that I will test out the adapter with my new strobes as he hasn't tried it yet.

For anybody else, basically if you have a strobe with a Nikonos plug then this gizmo claims to give you TTL with any digicam - as long as it has a hot shoe.

Reactions from the guys on DD has been very positive so far.

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 28 2004,22:11)]Yeah it does look good doesn't it.  I've made an offer to Matthias that I will test out the adapter with my new strobes as he hasn't tried it yet.

For anybody else, basically if you have a strobe with a Nikonos plug then this gizmo claims to give you TTL with any digicam - as long as it has a hot shoe.

Reactions from the guys on DD has been very positive so far.
Just got back from a couple of days away, so didn't get a chance to reply to this earlier....

I thought from the website there were two versions of the adaptor - one specifically for the C-5050Z which is used in the hotshoe and one which works from the flash via a detector on the outside of the housing?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Ah, you might be right.  In fact I think that the hotshoe is an Olympus converter so may work with any Oly that has a hotshoe.

The converter and adapter arrived this morning so I'll be playing with it later to see how it works.

Watch this space.

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

oh dear, looks like another month where I'm going to have to be extra nice to the other half  

1 - 6 of 6 Posts