YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

All,

I'd like to say "CHEERS" to the few brave souls that have recently accompanied me on my last few dives. Namely Bret, Richard & Alan.

Are all divers this friendly and helpfull?

I'm pretty new to this diving kaper but am astounded at the response from obviously well capable chaps willing to take me (novice) in for a splash.

Thanks to these guys (so far), I am beginning to loose the terror of the cold black holes that we call "dive locations" in the UK.

Although I have read the debates against PADI/BSAC etc, who really cares as long as we dive safe and have fun.

A big thanks again to the lads stated above, for buddying up when others let me down.

Ciao 4 now

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Scoot,

The attitude and aptitude displayed by those you name above is the ONLY attitude to display to new divers and one we try and foster here on YD.

You will, along the way, meet divers with whom you may find you do not want to dive, for any number of reason. All I'd say is don't think for more than a minute and bin the dive if they are your only buddy options.

Dive safe and dive with you soon.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

there was this one guy, quite the inventor really!

He had a series of used milk bottles for a cylinder, hairdryer for reg and a pair of skimpy speedo's for thermal protection.

I therefore ate my lamp and informed the chap that i could not dive with him that day, due to feeling a warm glo within!

Advice noted :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts