YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I've been reading the posts here for some time now and have just decided to register.  I am at present living in Ottershaw in Surrey but am originally from the Shetland Isles and no I have never dived there.  I am a CMAS 1*, Padi MSD with specialities in Wreck, Deep, Video, Naturalist, Nitrox, Navigation, DSAT Gas Blender and TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures.  I have dived in the UK, Gibraltar, Kenya, India, Laccadives, Indonesian Borneo, Mauritius, Corfu, Philippines and PNG.  I have logged just over 300 dives but the more experience I get the more I realise I still need.  I've learnt a lot from reading the posts on here and am looking forward to learning a lot more.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Magi,
         Welcome to the boards, but, I can't read what you are writing when you use the yellow letters.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Magi,

A very warm welcome to YD !!

That's some diving CV you have there - we'll have to chat about some fo those venues as they are on my 'to do' list.

Please feel free to post or reply on any topic that takes your fancy and have no fear of getting flamed here.

And don't be shy when it comes to getting yourself invited on any of the posted trips or, indeed, suggesting one yourself - you'll always get takers.

Cheers and good to have to aboard.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Magi

So whats a Naturalist Diver - No Cozy?

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Naturalist NOT Naturist!!!!!!!  But I did meet one of those in India.  He did dive in the nude from the dive boat despite being told that this was definitely not allowed.  The father of a young indian girl, who was also on the boat, was extremely upset when told what had happened and threatened to hang him up by his dangly bits from the nearest coconut tree.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Magi

Yes, if my daughters had been on board i would have reacted in a similar way.

I can anticipate the additional problems there, having had my fingers bitten several times by fish.

Mind you there would be no problems with that in cold UK waters.

Regards

Paul

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome aboard Magi.  Nice to have you, look forward to catching up with you sometime.  Dive safely.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

nude diving in UK waters?  now theres a thought.

wonder if it would go down well at stoney.  they could have a naturist only session, like at some swimmin baths.

probably only a matter of time until PADI make it a speciality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts