YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tomorrow I'll take pictures and name all the parts for those interested in something similar

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRAY: ULTRALIGHT TR-D

TRAY EXTENTION: ULTRALIGHT TR-DUP

2 x HANDLES: ULTRALIGHT AC-H

2 x ARMS: ULTRLIGHT DB-05

3 x CLAMPS: ULTRALIGHT AC-CSF

1 x CLAMP: ULTRALIGHT AC-TCS

·
Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe
3,276 Posts
Very nice gear. I'm particularly excited by the Ultralight stuff of course since I have the habit of promoting it. Mind, the closest I've come to the owner is via my favourite U/W Photography Forum and that was only by chance after years, at least a decade, of knowing him there and not knowing what he did.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've added a few items to Rupert ....

Light & Motion Sola 800

1 x ARMS: ULTRLIGHT DB-08

4 x Stix arm floats

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Venus,

What is the Sola 800 like as a video light?

Have a very similar set-up for my S95 with Fix housing, Fix UWL-04 lens and YS-110a strobe. I use the same tray, handles and arms. Currently using my old light cannon a video light but it is bulky and heavy so looking at other options.

Cheers
Alex.

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Alex
Sola Light & Motion make specific lights for activities. Eg. Dive, Video, Photo. I have the Sola 800 Photo and have used it for short video clips and the result was ok but it would have been nice to compare the same using Sola Video light.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I've got the sola video 1200. I think the difference between the video and the dive is a ball mount or a goodman (I got both). It's a bright even light and I love that I can't flood it. Battery is less than an hour on full power but I tend to use 1/3 power. I use it as a second light when taking photos and a video light when doing video. Should the need series I can put it in narrow beam to look in holes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts