YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Moved to Marsden, W.Yorks after a 4-5 year as a working instructor overseas, but have returned to my BSAC roots. I ave enjoyed diving in a large range of conditions & climates. I can teach with BSAC, PADI, newly qualified with IAHD & am registered as an instructor with TDI, but have not yet had the oppertunity to teach it. I enjoy diving, and will dive in a muddy puddle if deep enough. At times some dives seem to be in mucky puddles. My partner Liz is a warm water PADI inst and also newly quailifed with IAHD, and is now the proud owner of an Otter drysuit. I will be soon showing her how to enjoy British diving.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Chris,

A very warm welcome to YD mate.

Very noble cause - being an IAHD Instructor (both you and Liz!), not that you need my praise.

Oh, and if you're looking to further your TDI Instructor route, then you may want to contact our Tech Moderator - Andy (DALESDIVER) Hayhurst - he's TDI's Northern Regional Director Instructor Trainer, so the likelihood is you'd be doing any Instructor courses with him any way. Hope this helps mate.

Look forward to seeing both you and Liz on one of our planned dives some time soon. Check out the March Anglesey weekend dive gig in 'Planned Trips' and see if you can hook-up. Hope so.

Welcome again and dive safe,

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris and welcome to you and Liz.
I've only encountered one person from one club who has said they dives with a disabled diver(small BSAC  club in NE), I've always thought it would be quite rewarding to try that, but IME it doesn't seem to be commonplace although I am aware of BSACs positive approach to this.
Hope to see you guys out on a YD Troop gig in the future
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts