YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

hello, pleased to e-meet all of you. i'm here cos i was told at the weekend to stop lurking on divernet and get my ass over to YD! my name's kate, and i'm not impressed that someone's already registered that username, so i have to be Kate R now  

i'm currently living in bedfordshire, but i do most of my diving with nottingham uni dive club (along with a few people who seem quite active on this site!). i'm in the process of buying twin sevens from a bloke i met in a pub (bad idea possibly?), so i'm hoping for a bit of advice on setting those up in such a way that i don't make myself look like a complete idiot.

right, it's taken me about half an hour to write this post as i'm at work and have to click off the internet every time my boss walks past.... better post it before i get fired!

cheers in advance for all the well informed and reasoned advice i'm sure to receive  

kate

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Hi kate glad to see you and matt got home safe and sound and that you are doing just as much work as I am this afternoon

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

blimey that was a quick response!

yeah, it was only(!) five and a half hours back down from abbs - the things we do to get in the water hey?

(except you didn't....ooops!  
)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>thanks for that yes I think I actually got wetter when I decided to chuck it down whilst I was half and half out of my dry suit

and you're not the only one having to do the old click off whenever the boss walks past but my office mate leaves at 3 so from then I acheive I think what could fairly be described as not a lot really

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Oct. 27 2003,15:50)]thanks for that yes I think I actually got wetter when I decided to chuck it down whilst I was half and half out of my dry suit
well i suppose that's what we should expect in scotland at this time of year!

i did enjoy my diving experience on saturday:

dive brief, kit up, walk down to water, enjoy sea view, walk back up to car, de-kit. repeat above process in the afternoon!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD Kate. Enjoy.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate,
looks like we are near neighbours, I live in Herts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi kate glad to see you and matt got home safe and sound and that you are doing just as much work as I am this afternoon
That Matt isnt me though, now this gets really confusing as I do know the other Kate.

Matt

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate,

Welcome, if you fancy a dive dahn sath give me a shout, we dive out of Dover.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>welcome kate,
enjoy yd.
cheers
barrie

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hello Kate,

You must be one of the recent new joiners  

Well a warm and hearty welcome to you.

Daz

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Kate R,

Welcome to YD I'm sure you'll feel right at home and start posting lots... BLIMEY over 550 posts already, You certainly don't hang about. Your keyboard must be SMOKIN!!

Dave C

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>thank you, everyone. i'm so touched  

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate, welcome to the site.

You'll find everyone here is friendly and generally ok.

Apart from a few f*cking retards  

1 - 15 of 15 Posts