YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use your iphone to collect your emails, you'll probably have had a bit of a shock when you first downloaded it, with all the spam that isn't filtered out.

Found a great solution to this:

1. Set up a new Googlemail account
2. In settings on your GMail account, add your current POP details so emails from your account can be accessed by GMail (leave a copy on your server if you want to access them from your PC as well)
3. On your iphone, enter your GMail account settings

Hey presto - now your emails are copied to your iphone via your Gmail and washed through their spam filters at the same time :)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Good call Jay. I've been using GMail for years and the spam filter is superb - I can't remember that last time it failed to bin any spam.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right - sorry, I misunderstood. Isn't Thunderbird a desktop application? So I assume you need to leave a local machine running with it on?

Hadn't thought of doing it that way - and I have a linux box running 24/7 from home. Doh!

·
Registered
452 Posts
It is. However it seems to work whether the machine is on or off (don't have a clue how) - I actually love the interface from Thunderbird + you get loads of great extensions / add-on' as you do with Firefox. It's now on laptop & desktop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts