YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Excellent.  Good one Bren.  Good to see loads around the county of Waterford - all of 40 mins from where I'll be moving to.

Finally, easy trips to the coast for a good days diving.  

I can't wait!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 15 2004,18:25)]county of Waterford - all of 40 mins from where I'll be moving to.
<font color='#0000FF'>tim,
if you need a few contacts in waterford give me a shout.

cheers
barrie

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Barrie, will do.  I'm aiming to move over at the end of April to Kilkenny.  Do you get down around there much?  How long would it take to drive to Galway from there as there seems to be some fantastic diving around there.  (It takes me about 2 hours to Dublin and 2hrs 30 to get to Cork, so fully appreciate how long it takes to get around.)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

kilkenny is a nice place to find yourself and they have a good local dive club kilkenny sac if thats what you looking for.
your probably familiar with www.scubaireland.com.
if your looking for something a bit more independant i would have to ask around for that area,depends what you would want.
as soon as you get settled i'll drag you up to malin for a weekend and blow your socks off!
cheers
barrie

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 15 2004,22:40)]Cool I'll be up for that.
i will be up there for the last to weeks of july if thats not too soon for you?
i hope to get back to dublin in time for the anglesea bash and i plan on taking a run over in the rib,about 52n miles to tryadure bay 1hr 40m subject to weather.
cheers
barrie

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Dublin To Anglesey on a RIB?
Bloody Hell, that must be one butt-numbing ride.

July maybe possible but too early to say right now.  I'll have it pencilled in.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 15 2004,23:21)]Dublin To Anglesey on a RIB?
Bloody Hell, that must be one butt-numbing ride.
9mtr 220hp sterndrive volvo...............cruising.........30.knots.
steady as a rock mate or you can take the stena,criuses 42 knots and has beer on board.
cheers
barrie

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Ah Kilkenny, land of my fathers, quite literally! An outstanding place of great beauty and you MUST experience the Puck Fair - 24 hours of sheer, unadulterated, 'Goat-at-the-top-of-a-white-lattice-scaffolding' (don't ask) type gig going on! Happy days/daze (delete as appropriate) indeed

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Well if you know KK Bren, you'll probably know places like Kells and Inishtioge.  Really quite beautiful with some utterly stunning views.  

Must say that I haven't experienced the Puck fair - sounds like probably  good thing.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

at the depths your interested in 40mtrs,the laurentic is a good dive (37mtrs) and can be seen in the last edition of 'beyond the blue'.
also a u-boat (42mtrs) that is basically in three sections with the engines exposed and the props intact,the sections can be entered as they are opened up and not confined,the conning tower is sitting at a 45' angle and is not really accessible.
vis on both is normaly 15-25 mtrs range and altough the laurentic is diveable just about any time the u-boat is a neaps dive only.
see how july suits and let me know.
cheers
barrie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts