YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Out of his depth
386 Posts
No probs. I think it might be prudent to come up with a set of standing rules for photo comps (are there any?) regarding entry and polling periods, to keep the comps in line with each other.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
No probs. I think it might be prudent to come up with a set of standing rules for photo comps (are there any?) regarding entry and polling periods, to keep the comps in line with each other.
When Helen FH and I set up the non-diving comp, we drew it up in line with what seemed to be happening with the diving one. The thread to post pics, one entry per YD'er, was open until the last day of the month, then the voting was opened for a week, with the thread starter picking his/her favourite 10 from the entries. The winner then got to choose the theme for the next one. On that basis, there shouldn't be more than a day or so between them, but, the 'old style' YD had the poll closing time at the top, so it was easy to see when the poll would close. I can't see it on the new format, - can anyone else? It could just be my settings :)

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
When Helen FH and I set up the non-diving comp, we drew it up in line with what seemed to be happening with the diving one. The thread to post pics, one entry per YD'er, was open until the last day of the month, then the voting was opened for a week, with the thread starter picking his/her favourite 10 from the entries. The winner then got to choose the theme for the next one. On that basis, there shouldn't be more than a day or so between them, but, the 'old style' YD had the poll closing time at the top, so it was easy to see when the poll would close. I can't see it on the new format, - can anyone else? It could just be my settings :)
Looks like the underwater comp closed prematurely then :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts