YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got a problem with a few programmes and think it may be Vista based.

You know when you click help in a programme it sometimes links to their website, well this doesn't happen for some of my programmes, namely:

voipcheap
yawcam
uTorrent

These are the ones that I know of, there could be others.

All of these programmes are allowed through by the firewall (windows) and I really don't know where to go from here, it's not just the help I'm losing but other more important funcionality, very annoying!

Any help on this matter gratefully appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
thankfully I've not been exposed to Vista yet so this may be off mark, but one of the issues that many developers have been complaining about is that Microsoft has completely dropped the old help system that works in XP & previous versions, & thus they are having to completely re-write them.

It may be that the programs you are having problems with have simply not re-written their help systems.

cheers,
Paul

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
It may be that the programs you are having problems with have simply not re-written their help systems.
You can download the old style help for Vista from the M$ website so it is just the usual Redmond perverseness that they don't include it in the build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.