YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone from sunny Italy. Quick question: I am having holiday on the seaside and many diving sites are for deep qualified divers. I am a Rescue diver but never done the deep speciality. They are an ISDA diving center while I am Padi.
As far as you know, will be this diving certification be accepted by PADI once I am back in our sunny UK if I want to go for Master Scuba Diver?
Thanks for your help and advice.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Good afternoon everyone from sunny Italy. Quick question: I am having holiday on the seaside and many diving sites are for deep qualified divers. I am a Rescue diver but never done the deep speciality. They are an ISDA diving center while I am Padi.
As far as you know, will be this diving certification be accepted by PADI once I am back in our sunny UK if I want to go for Master Scuba Diver?
Thanks for your help and advice.
To become a Padi Master Scuba Diver, you need to be a Rescue Diver, hold 5 Padi Specialities and have logged at least 50 dives. Whatever the ISDA course is, it won't be of use to you as part of a MSD application. However, if it looks like a good course in an area that interests you and you want to do it anyway, why not do it anyway?!!
Oh and by the way, you are not required to hold the Deep Speciality for MSD...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
thanks for this. Maybe I have confused the two issues. I am mainly asking because I mainly dive with Padi diving centers. Would a Padi diving center recognise this speciality if i want to do a deep dive and I don't hold the Padi deep speciality?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hi,
thanks for this. Maybe I have confused the two issues. I am mainly asking because I mainly dive with Padi diving centers. Would a Padi diving center recognise this speciality if i want to do a deep dive and I don't hold the Padi deep speciality?
Firstly, it depends on what you mean by deep and what the course qualifies you for - a 30m ticket to do a 50m dive for example? then no!

But that obvious point aside, it depends on the centre I suppose... but a) you'd think so, as it is a valid qualification and proof of training to conduct that dive, and b) you'd hope so, as they'd be quite inward-looking if they didn't recognise qualifications from other agencies. But at the end of the day, it's their choice. I'm pretty sure my club would, put it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.