YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hello all,

As many of you know from my posts I dive twin independent 12's. My cylinders are steel 12l each with single boots and connected using Custom Divers SS bands. Now after many posts, I think I try isolation manifold option. SO I just bought an isolation valve, my valves use a face O ring type but have a problem. When I fixed everything and installed bands found out that cylinders spacing isn't 100% perfect. As they are there is no leak but I don't like to have stress on manifold nuts.My local supplier told me that they use nylon washers as spacers so that you can increase length of isolator by some mm.

Anyone had same problem ? Have you any ideas how can I solve this problem.

Regards

Pierre

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

AFAIK you need to get the correct set of bands to match the manifold.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Today I assembled my cylinders and bands and check how much the isolation T bar is short. It's 5mm short  
 SO now I have 3 options, either change SS bands, manifold or try my supplier option, to add a nylon washer to both faces. What you think about this, is there anyone here using such system. Here in Malta is widely used without problems.

Also anyone here know about a DIY site for SS bands, once I say one but cannot find it any more.

Maybe it's GOD who is sending me a sign, not to convert to manifold

Regards

Pierre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts