YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Righto,

I've been offered a 12l Faber twinset with three different manifolds form various purveyors of all things shiney, expensive and suitable for the aquatic realm....

The three options (well, all are Faber's finest for the tanks) are (drum roll please)

SOS
Aqua
MDE

I believe there's a scubapro jobbie but I'm yet to see an offer with one. So they are the three in the running...

Opinions, advice, barge pole type avoidance or bite the hand that offers kinda jobbie?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I'd probably go for the MDE, given the choice... but I believe my current iso is an Aqua, and I've had no problems with it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Ammers on 6:18 pm on Aug. 27, 2002
MDE without a doubt.
<span =''>
Hi Ammers,

Would you care to clarify that statement with a particular rationale? Build quality, o-ring connection style (non-barrelled), reputation, value, ease of use etc.....

C'mon guys, a few of you must have an opinion!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imported post

Mde would be the best in many ways,it seems to be built better than the rest,the valves close easier and cleaner when doing shut downs. I had twin 10's with a cheap manifold an i hated it, its worth paying the diffrence. Also when you get it get some tacktile knobs, makes shutdowns even easier.

Regards Simon

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I've got an MDE on my twin 10s, the guy who sold them to me made quite a point of that. Other than that I've got no frame of reference
Regards
Steve

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

This is slightly embarising but I got a set of twinning bands from LIDS and I couldent get a manifold to fit?

I ended up with a 15ltr MDE manifold on my twin 12's that just fits.

It is well built and works fine but the interesting bit is there is a slight taper on my twin set (about 5mm) and it still works no problem dispite being used as a lifting handle on several occasions including an inauspisious drag into a rib on the palte wreck.

I have no comparison as this is my frst manifold but I am impressed with it but would love another 5mm adjustment

Mark Chase

1 - 7 of 7 Posts