YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I've been trying to get hold of a few M8 stainless steel wingnuts for weeks ... it shouldn't be difficult but every dive shop in Scotland - well three off 'em ain't got any and even my trusty local chandlers have M6s and normal nuts but no M8 stainless.

Ideas chaps?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Find a better chandlers?
All the ones I've ever been in have had them...

If you need them urgently, get some from a DIY store. They'll rust in a matter of weeks, but they'll tide you over..

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Thanks Daz - Dom I'm using normal ones at the moment and they are delightfully coloured. In fact the first set have almost disappeared!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gavin Yates @ July 17 2003,12:04)]Thanks Daz - Dom I'm using normal ones at the moment and they are delightfully coloured. In fact the first set have almost disappeared!
Gav

Just been and got some myself, and nylocks + washers.

59p each for the wings nuts, 18p for the nylocks, 30p (iirc) for the washers. Don't know if this is a reasonable price, but its the only place I've found em.

If you want some, I'll get some more and put in post.

Adrian

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Thanks lads but worry no more as the site that Daz up has taken an order for all the wingnuts I'll ever need plus washers too.

Muchos appreciated the offers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts