YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>A story that probaly has happened in one way or another to you all:

Last month I planned to spend this whole week diving at Cabo de Palos in Easter Spain. I have my own business so sometimes these plans don't go as wished, sure enough unexpected work meant I had to cancel this trip. OK it happens and wasn't to disapointed. On monday I got a confirmation of an order in the Algarve (750km south of me, I live at the very very north of Portugal).
Normally I would send this by a transport company but I thought hey why not deliver these myself and dive today. Yesterday I left at 5am, did the boring drive and with adrenalin and drooling over a good wreck dive with few conger eels. Dropped the pallets of at the client and went to the dive center for a drink, the sun shinning and I was feeling great: yes too good to be true because as I walked in they looked at me stupidly 'didn't you get the e-mail this morning - the dive is canceled due to bad viz' AHHHH.
Well s***T happens. I called my local die club up here (remember another 750km) and sure enough they are diving tommorrow. Left at 6am this morning and finally after 7hours got home to find a message on the answer machine to inform me that tommorrows dive is cancelled due to the incoming storm. Maybe sunday morning.
A week that was supposed to be full of diving and not one yet, maybe I will drown in my sorrows and dive in my pool, maybe just maybe there is hope for sunday.
I suppose it could be worse, the dive center in the Algarve calling to say after all they dived and it was great, but nah it is just the natre of our sport being dependent on the elements.
Hope you guys had better luck than me.  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chris Guimaraens @ April 25 2003,21:50)]yet, maybe I will drown in my sorrows and dive in my pool,
I was felling kind of sorry for you up untill the pool comment. It must be a tough life for you in Portugal. FFS.;o)

Peter

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
Yeah thanks, the pool is a lovely shade of brown with a thick layer of pollen at the top. On the bottom the few inches of leaf much makes a great bilogical study and a haven for the frogs. Another month than I'll empty it for a yearly clean up. thanks anyway :)

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi Chris,

Where abouts in Portugal are you, happen to be there for a week for the family holiday, fancy a dive, you could be my excuse. We are in a place called Carverio (it's close to the spelling).

Andrew

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Andrew
I'm at V.N Cerveira which is a small town along the Minho river which is the border to Galicia, Spain. I'm going back down to the Algave (Sines & Albufeira) and will try again for a dive on Thursday & Friday. When down there I dive with Atlantic Diving tel:289 587 479 who are based in Albufeira. They normally do a double dive for each outing, fridays are normally wreck dives.
Are you in Carvoeiro in Algarve or the one near Lisbon? If you are still around until Thursday/Friday lets meet up for a dive. give a call at (00.351.)93.7770.612 or meet up at Atlantic diving.
Chris

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

It will be the one in the Algarve, we are not there at the moment, but will be there at the end of July, it would be cool to meet up, even better to get a dive in, I will need to hire some kit though, I can sneek off for a dive, but it I make it obvious I will get shot.

Andrew

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>No worries, as the time approaches drop me an e-mail and me and my mrs will try to go down for a few dives.  The dive center is by the beach and good area for non diving family. At least the weather will be better than now - at least I hope so!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts