YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>After a couple of dives in the Azores I was getting an itch on my back, not on one spot but overall. On the following dives it didn't get better and on my last dive it annoyed me.
The itch always seem to begin whenever I put on my wetsuit. I tolerated it but on the afternoon after my last day I layed in these hot baths and the itching was a pain, It felt as if my skin was sizzling.
There was no rash, my back looked normal and it got better since. The only thing I can think of is if some of the hairs of the fireworm somehow got inside the suit (maybe after washing down the kit).
When packing the kit before flying out my wife came across a single fireworm hair on the kit and it still stang, this was 3 days since the last dive!
What should I do the kit, I've washed it again in hot water. Should I spray vinegar? On my next dive I may put on a T-shirt as a physical barrier.
Could it be anything else? I wondered if it my skin not enjoying neoprane. The suit was an Oceanic Shadow Titanium, surely it wasn't the Titanium?

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Helen, what were you doing wearing a suit that Chris had pissed in? You're sick!  

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Yep It sounds like the fireworm to me . Pour vinigar on it and cover it with some sort of plastic and leave it like that for a few hours the vinigr will desolve the hairs of the fireworm then rinse it and youll be o:k for the next dive.
Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts