YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just got my housing for the canon EOS300D and its a beauty. Shame they sent the wrong TTL lead though !!!

Will post some pics and a report when i have had a good play with it (oo-errr!!)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Wow, that took some time, but wayhay.

Can I play mister? aww, go on.  I promise I won't break it.

C'mon show us the piccies before you play, just in case you break it

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

oh-go on then...

For info, the kit was from Ryan at UWCP in Kansas. The total cost was some £300 cheaper than a weel known UK site (even when VAT and import duty were added.

I got the dome port for the kit lens (18-55mm) plus the manual EV controller plus TTL lead (when it is replaced as they sent the wrong one)

Fitting the camera is easy and the housing comes with a gear sleeve to adjust the lens while it is fitted in the housing. All knobs/buttons/levers marry up perfectly with the camera.

All I need to do now is get the damn thing wet - next weekend, maybe in Vivian or cape (ugh)

Its a bit heavier than I thought and comes with a lead weight (wont be needed with the strobe fitted)

In all a lovely bit of kit.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

So you can still use the strobe with the manual controller?

It's a sexy piece of kit and buying from the US is a real no-brainer when it comes to prices.

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

No - cant use the controller until I get the TTL lead which will effectively become a power cord to the controller which then powers the strobe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts