YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Picked up my twinset and wings today (finally!). Have spent most of the evening configuring the webbing and will probably spend most of tomorrow night and Friday at Stoney doing the same. Just to put the cat among the pigeons, its both OMS and bungied!! :reaper::whip:

Regards

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Sad boy... I've spent most of the evening drinking,boozin and throwing it down my neck.  Apparently it's becoming a bit of a habit says the wife whos none too pleqased.   Still she knew the proximity of the alehouse when we mocved here...  wonder if she fancies a shag.............!

See you Friday Jay.  (he says asmid orgasmic grunts and groans from er indoors)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just to put the cat among the pigeons, its both OMS and bungied!!
<span =''>

I have it on good authority that that means you're going to die.
Funnily enough, I seem to have met a large number of divers who were officialy dead, and they seemed fairly lively.. must be my imagination

Come to think of it... I'M officially dead, according to the same source. Truth is stranger than fiction..

What sized twinset was it? What coloured wing? Long hose config? How'll you carry your lead now? Manifold or independents?
Inquiring Minds wants to know!!

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Twin 12l steel
No long hose - both apeks regs feeding over right shoulder - primary reg on right post. Main SPG with depth guage and compass over right waist side, secondary SPG only round left side. Manifolded - not using twin bands as I'm going to try the Scubapro cam bands first of all - see how it goes.

Regards

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Ooh, your aching back

Are you using a twin boot then?

I used Buddy twinning bands when I first started out, but they were a pain in the rear. Let me know if Scubapro's are any better.

Is your secondary DV necklaced or elsewhere? Which is the reg you'll donate to a buddy if he's OOA? How are your direct feeds routed?

(Yes, I'm having a slow work day
)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Yep = got a twin boot. Not decided this is going to be my final set up but will try it and see. Secondary reg is bungeed around my neck at present but will be putting it on a long hose, attaching the 2nd stage to my harness and looping the excess hose on the left tank with some more bungee for quick release. I am not happy (or see the necessity) for putting ANYTHING I cannot break in an emergency around my neck. This is not a criticism of anyone elses' practice, just my own personal opinion. Especially since I do not dive in constricted / overhead environments or do deep wreck penetrations.

As I have said, I will be trying different configurations this year to find what works best for ME!

Regards

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I do not dive in constricted / overhead environments
<span =''>

Those being the only conditions where a truly long hose is needed, how long will that hose be on your octopus?

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Same as its always been - 4 feet. Its onto an Apeks TX 40 so I like to allow sufficient hose so I can S bend the hose to use it (as I pass it round my left waist) and also allow sufficient hose so any panicked diver is not too close to me (I find the standard Apeks hose a tad short for the octo)

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts