YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hurrah!  Finally had my first taste of UK sea diving in the English Channel off Littlehampton and I loved it!  

Absolutely amazing despite quite choppy waters on Saturday and a BCD incident yesterday (valve jammed so BCD filled with air just after descent so I had a nice trip to the surface in the style of a bullet  
).

Lots of huge lobsters, cuckoo wrasse, big meaty-looking crabs and generally so much more life than I expected.  I was also surprised by how good the vis was - generally around 4-5m on all dives and it was nice and warm too at 21 degrees.  We did two drift dives yesterday which were great fun and felt as though we were rushing through the waters at the speed of light!

Anyway, if anyone's thinking of popping down to Littlehampton, I'd like to thoroughly recommend quite possibly the best skipper I've ever dived with - Sean from Copperhead Diving.  He was really professional, knowledgeable and helpful and made us all feel very comfortable and confident.  It was an absolute pleasure to dive from his immaculate rib!  We also stayed at a fab little B&B called the Quayside Guest House which I'd recommend.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

While I'm on the subject of UK diving, does anyone have contact deatils for the guy who operates the Wavedancer boat in the Farnes?  Have heard he's quite a good man to book with so want to find out what availability he has??

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Cograts on your first uk sea dive did gerry dive also?

nigel

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Nice one Lesley, I am looking for some dives for my wife to do, so do you know the names of the sites you dived? Perhaps I can do them as they sound nice. Ling loves scenic dives with lots of life and the Far Mulbury is the only local one I know.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Aug. 22 2003,17:02)]Nice one Lesley, I am looking for some dives for my wife to do, so do you know the names of the sites you dived? Perhaps I can do them as they sound nice. Ling loves scenic dives with lots of life and the Far Mulbury is the only local one I know.

ATB

Mark Chase
Hey Mark,

I'm trying to find out the exact name of the site we drift dived and will get back to you.  All I know is that it was about 3 miles off the coast, and we could clearly see a huge Butlins-type place (big white circus tent thing)....

Will let you know when I hear back from my leader!

Lesley

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Mark - the site was called The Waldrons.  Hope this helps (can totally recommend Sean at Copperhead Diving as a good guide!)

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LesleySS @ Aug. 18 2003,17:19)]While I'm on the subject of UK diving, does anyone have contact deatils for the guy who operates the Wavedancer boat in the Farnes?  
Lesley.
Contact number is 01665-720892
e-mail [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts