YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Jammer Six was a wannabe
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps and chapesses, back online forever. Out of hospital and walking with sticks outdoors and freestyle indoors :) . You can expect usual service from here on in. Hope all are well and i n good spirits.
TTFN
Jack

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Good to see you back on-line Jack and great news on your continuing progress, your customer service didn't faulter anyway.

(new torch is as good as ever :D)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Welcome back Jack. Hope the faculties are all there.

·
Jammer Six was a wannabe
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Fiona. Gareth, I take it you are referring to ......ahem.......the eh.........um.......er........:lightbulb plumbing dept. Yes indeed, faculties are back :angel:

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
Greetings and felicitations, may your recovery continue apace. Great to see one of the good 'uns back.

ATVB

·
00.00 hrs
905 Posts
Welcome back on-line Jack,

Glad to hear that you are getting more mobile. Des's magic is still working then!!

Regards
Midnight

·
Jammer Six was a wannabe
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to see you back mate. It would be really great to get an update on how your treatment is going if you feel like discussing it.

Alan
OK. Pay attention now :) If anyone finds themselves as I did, with a spinal bend at T2 and end up in a jocker as I did, (both legs and right arm paralyzed) heres what should happen.
Hindsight :
Hospital: make sure to get all muscle groups stretched from word go. Make sure to get electrode stimulation on muscles at same time. Get physio started asap.
Chambers: you can never have enough pot rides. 210 in my case. Does exactly what it says on the tin.
Insurance : DAN are the dogs...........
Be prepared to have a long recovery.
Be prepared to pee through a straw (catheters)
Be prepared to have no lead in the pencil for a while.
Ive lost about 50% skin sensitivity from chest down. Muscles are tight and I have to consciously relax them. I have to re learn all the automatic motor memory that we all have and making good progress.
Biggest problem is not being normally mobile. Everything is a plan for the moment. Other than that, in top form :) :)

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Glad to see you back, jack, and glad to see that everything ;) is recovering!

Good luck and long may it continue. And you poking David on threads too :D

·
Jammer Six was a wannabe
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to see you back, jack, and glad to see that everything ;) is recovering!

Good luck and long may it continue. And you poking David on threads too :D
Just flexing Lou, just flexing :angel:

·
WHOO HOO...look free mask and smorkel thingy.....
1,647 Posts
woooohooo jacko's back ...did every one hear that I SAID DID EVERYONE HEAR THAT. :teeth: :boy_hug: :teeth:

sorry for the outburst:embarassed:

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Welcome back Jack :)

·
Jammer Six was a wannabe
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeeezzz

Thx guys. Nice Gaeilge there, Tord a chara. :)

Med vänliga hälsningar
Jack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts