YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I use the S.A.P. 'Jet' fins, size XL 7-11. These are a snug fit with my size 9.5 Gates (5mm) drysuit boots. However they are far too loose with my wet boots. Anybody know which version of Jet fins would fit? I'd rather not pat ott for S.P., though I gues their size L would do the job?

Cheers
p.s. if anybody has a pair for sale...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Imported post

Hi Lawrence,

I use a pair of XL jets for drysuit.  I'm thinking you need a size L for wet.  I don't have a pair of those but do have a pair of M jets and I can only fit my bare feet into those, and my feet are a size 8.  Extremely big difference in size between the M and the XL, both in the foot pocket and the blade size.

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi

I use XL Scubapro Jets with Large Halcyon springs over OThree wet boots. They fit fine. Very comfortable. I also have a pair of large with Halcyon Small size springs as well. They are not so comfy as the springs dig in after a while.

I use the same XL fins over DUI turbo soles and 400 GM Thinsulate Booties but probably could do with the XL springs TBH to make them a little easier to get on but thats just because in a drysuit and twinset putting fins on isn't the easiest thing to do

I am foot size 8.

Hope that helps

Andy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

I'm also using (Manta) springs (L). I suspect my wet boot are thinner than yours (given my 9.5 feet) since my feet just ratttle around in the fins. I don't need/want thicker wet boots since it's for working in the southern Red Sea.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I find my fins fit over drysuit and wetboots. I had a pair of Beuchat jets that I could only use with very thin socks in the pool as my feet are very wide. They were pretty small width-wise, and pretty long.

Just got a new pair from NDiver, and they look good for the bigger boots. As for smaller jets, the SAP square foot pocket was about as small as I've encountered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts