YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Jetfins sizing?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dominic 
#1 ·
Imported post

I am looking at getting some Jetfins.  Any idea what size I should be looking for?

Current fins Quattros size regular

I take a size 8.5 to 9 shoe and I am awaiting a Otter brittanic with standard style boots.

Would Large be suitable or should I consider XL.  BTW, don't have the new drysuit yet and thinking of mail order so trying them is not really an option.

TIA
Daz

P.S Thanks for the PM Tony.

#2 ·
Imported post

Daz

You'll need at least an XL, the footpockets on the Jets aren't as big as they could be, I think it's because they were originally made for wetsuit divers..

I'm size 8 feet and I fit my Jets perfectly with my neoprene drysuit boots on, although even for me they seem a bit too tight when trying to remove them, as the very unclassy 'one legged hop' during de-kit will testify.

The next step up from them is the ISI Turtles but the foot pockets on those beast's are massive, I tried on Brens one day and they just fell off my feet...

Now I've heard rumours that Scubapro are going to make XXL Jetfins and if so then I'd personally go for those with your size plates

HTH
Dave.

#3 ·
Imported post

Hi Daz,

I'd go for XL jetfins. If you go for scubapros, or Divex, their XL is big enough for your foot size. If you go for turtle jetfins, probably L, maybe even XL.

Allegedly Scubapro are about to relaunch XXL jetfins, you may want to give them a call

I use XL Divex, I'm a size 9 and they're about ok. Anything bigger and you'd need turtles.

HTH, Phil

#4 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the info so far..  Basically I am looking for rubber jetfins.

The ND ones are £39 and seem like a bargain unless someone can recommend different?

So guys what are my options?

Daz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.