YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
loop14
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if we are getting any closer to a CE ticket?

·
Silent but Deadly...
1,522 Posts
I was just wondering if we are getting any closer to a CE ticket?
hopefully not too soon as my bank account balance has got a very weak pulse.... :D

·
Diving is expensive, live with it!
1,215 Posts
Last thing I heard was that Jan was very close. That was 6 weeks or so ago.

Based on what has happened on other units, the final validation/completion of all the paperwork seems to take an inordinate length of time. I took it from Jan's comments that the JJ is in that phase. So, close, but not there yet.

·
1,215 Posts
oh dear i have a couple of buddies with JJ's, course provisionally booked for 13th june on the back of CE and HSE acceptance of IART - hmmmm more oc diving for them then :D
Is that actually an issue? I thought that the HSE had confirmed that only the instructor had to be on CE approved kit? Or am I missing something (has been known - more often that not :)

·
1,215 Posts
the iart training organisation to my knowledge (which may be flawed) is not yet recognised by the hse - more tick boxes, in the process but not there yet
Ah, fair enough.

·
Waiting to see what happens
3,844 Posts
its the Iart thats the sticking block as its the only authorised training for the JJ, without HSE recoqnition you can't be trained in the uk on one. When it gets it, student on JJ instructor on Inspo or Sentinel (or whatever so long as its CE'd) is ok. Its very imminant but i'm unsure as to if its been given the green light yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The CE test is complete, all tests are done and passed. We are just sitting and waiting for the paperwork to be done and a certificate issued.
Recognition of IART by the HSE is also underway, all paperwork is submited but I am told today that HSE inspectors have to visit IART hq in Germany!!!!

As always the wheels of bureaucracy turn very slowly

·
1,215 Posts
Fingers crossed it won't be much longer. It's a considerable investment in money and time for everyone at JJ.

·
loop14
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fingers crossed it won't be much longer. It's a considerable investment in money and time for everyone at JJ.
I'll certainly second that! It must be like dealing with FIFA. :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts