YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Voice of his (De)generation
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just read Divernet and noticed that it seems that John Bennet has been lost on a 45m dive.  Seems that there were problems on the deck of the wreck that they were on but when the ascended the buddy noticed that Bennet was not with him and has been missing - that was on the 15th of this month - not sure if any body has been found but either way it is a sad loss.  He survived the worlds deepest OC dives at the time and sadly died on what would have been an 'easy' die for a man of his talent.  Sad loss and reminds us that it can happen to even the best divers in the world.
Dinger

·
The Voice of his (De)generation
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

none yet that i saw mate no body and no theroies of what went wrong maybe you could try a search and see what that pops up - very sad
Dinger

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>If you look further back to the 17th of this month. There were various postings on this sad death.

There are a few lads on the board including me that were lucky enough to have a dip with John and miss him greatly.

The dive centre he worked at have launched a fund to assist his widow and children and I would be delighted to pass on the details of how to contribute if anyone wants to PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts