YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

ooooooohhh... Too cruel Andy, too too cruel... you challenging me for the "evil"  tag ?

Poor Jules is never gonna hear the last of it, just look at that hose routing !!

Absolutely Snagtastic mate  

All together (to the tune of Tannenbaum) "Oh Christmas tree oh christmas tree..."

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Ah, but with that e're present post-dive Jules grin!!!

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>She did admit , it was a quick set up in her garage before she left,,,,,,,,,

But at least with the good VIZ , she saw a scorpion fish  ( WEAVER ).

Don't know why Juz is sticking his tounge out though.

Andy.

Shame those ears didn't stick out , huh Bren

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

ok enough of the wise cracks, I demand an apology...
The kits isnt so much DIR as DIWWYGITG (doing it wi what you got in the garage) but it works.
anyone offering to come and sort it out better for me?

and yes at least my trademark Jules post dive grin is still in tact despite recent adversity.

jules

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l was wondering what that `orrible thing attached to your right leg was, then re-read Andy the manky doughnut supplier's thread and realised it was Juz.  

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

We were discussing this before the dive, and came to the conclusion that being small, Jules has got about the quarter of the surface area to hang bits of kit on.

I on the other hand could hang the contents of the Tardis on my rig without it looking cluttered.

Laters,
   Janos

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Well at least Jules appears to have bought everything back up again, which is more than can be said of a lot.

Including me last year

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Feb. 17 2004,19:11)]anyone offering to come and sort it out better for me?
Right then! lets start by putting that twinset the right way round - get yersel inverted girl, you know it makes sense  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Feb. 17 2004,22:09)]get yersel inverted girl, you know it makes sense  
<font color='#000080'>Looks like the hoses are long enough for it!  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Janos @ Feb. 17 2004,20:03)]We were discussing this before the dive, and came to the conclusion that being small, Jules has got about the quarter of the surface area to hang bits of kit on.
<font color='#000080'>i'm convinced that this is my problem - i try to take the minimum of stuff on dives but i still end up looking cluttered, cos there's just not enough space  

but i see what the answer is - i have to buy a wing  

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Jules,

A good way to get some extra space is to put some D-rings onto either tank with some steel bands and bent washers. That would sequester the SMB away. A nice size pocket on either leg of your drysuit would also help you perhaps

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]anyone offering to come and sort it out better for me?
O.K, this is just my humble opinion though! I do this quite a lot with our sports divers and new DLs who go out and get their own kit. Perhaps try to get the Apex reg on the right post (as it sits on your back) turned round 90 degrees as the one on the left post is, then get the hoses routing downwards, they sit nicely then. Turning the reg round will also mean you can get your transmitter (if that is what I think I am seeing) out of the way of the valve, faciltating a shut down.

Can you try to get that direct feed on the bottom of a reg somewhere - perhaps off the right post and feeding behind your head. I can't exactly see where the drysuit feed comes, that sits quite nicely feeding downwards too. You have 2 regs on your right post, you could tidy up a bit by having just one on each side, either having them over either shoulder or both over your right shoulder.  I can't really see from the picture, but where does the reg from your left post route (again as it sits on your back)?

I am not sure if you are really looking for critique so you can ignore me if you like. I have just changed over to a wing and backplate so am completely all over the place. I am sure a photo of me could be put up at some point so you can get your own back

Paul

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>I think Juz was sticking his tongue out because Jules "couldn't get it in"

Blanaid

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

But she did say that she attempted to get it in a few times before giving up.  You've got to give here 10/10 for trying

dan.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think Juz was sticking his tongue out because Jules "couldn't get it in"
what, his tongue ?

what the hell were you lot up to that weekend?

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>She attempted for some time. of course, at the end, she was unable to get it in, I then tried for a bit and finally gave up - ascended feeling very unsatisfied!

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>that would be telling Tom!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Jules,
      I'll get it sorted for you on the Friday afternoon in Mull if you want!

Peter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts