YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just a quick Hi! ........ before I run out of air

Have a bit of a rep for getting through life-gas at quite a rate, but people keep assuring me it will get better. Hence the username, but also because my usual (K9) was too short for the board.

PADI OW/AOW then crossed over to BSAC and just finished my Sports Diver. Also have the (unfortunate?;) privilege of belonging to the same club as Dominic.

Hope to have some valid input here as soon as I get some more experience.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Mark,

Any friend of Dom's is welcome on YD! And you don't ned to wait to gain rucks of experience to have input here, feel free to ask questions and give us the benefit of any experiences you might have!

Cheers,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

Hi AirHog

Welcome to the club!!!!

I usually end the dive with less air than any of my buddies, but I don't care, I just go out to enjoy myself.

I'm getting better though.

Anyway, Welcome to and YD and I'm sure you will make lots of diving contacts here.

Get stuck in and enjoy!

/Colin.  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

welcome to yd, get yourself lots of tanks and then it wont matter! cheers
jules:D

·
Another 'former member' who's 'resting'.
20 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Mark, you'll av a ball ere, I do, and don't wait for experience to make a contribution or share a thought new blood and new idea's is what's needed for diving to have a positive future.

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Porgster signing in to hopefully make you spray coffee over your keyboard with regular monotony (spelling??).

YD pervert in residence, famed for falling flat on me face with the twinset on and being unable to get up.  These sods just stood laughing and taking pics.  Sods.

Have fun.

porg

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Air Hog

Wellcome, and don't worry about air time. Dive appropriately with the correct tanks and a bit of advice from others and you'll be fine. I personaly advise you to buy me lot's of ale and I'll sort your problem out in the pub - along with world peace, Maradona's hand ball, the JFK incident............

James  

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Guys,
Thanks for the welcome.

Sods,
That wasn't nice what you did to Porg now was it?

Porg,
Pictures? Where??

Mark

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

AirHog

Don't worry about the air consumption rate, gain a bit of experience then relax and enjoy, it will all work out fine.

Failing that twin 20's with 2 x 15l stage bottles.
 Only Jokeing
 Or a Yellow Box Of Death

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AirHog @ April 10 2004,22:44)]Guys,
Thanks for the welcome.

Sods,
That wasn't nice what you did to Porg now was it?

Porg,
Pictures? Where??

Mark
I think the pictures of porg on the deck under twinset are on the sound of mull trip reports from march. by the way it seems to be a YD custom to react to such incidents by laughing , then taking photographic evidence BEFORE offering asssistance. They do help you eventually but not till the evidence is collected.

jules

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>mark,
welcome to yd and remember those that use no gas,don't dive.
just enjoy yourself..

cheers
barrie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts