YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I thought I'd take a look at the site after seeing lots of references to it on Divernet recently. I'd always assumed that I was a little out of the way here in Manchester (and that as a Lancashire lad I'd be regarded as the old enemy!) but was very pleased to find an apparently open, jovial and widespread bunch.
I'm a PADI AOW diver qualified in 1999 but have not dived too much in the last two years because of injury. As a result I've lost contact with many of the old buddies that I trained with. I'm fit again now (well fitter) and wanting to get some dives in before going on my first overseas trip to Sharm in November.
I'm with a local club (Aquanuts at Middleton) but I work shifts so I'm often available midweek but not at weekends when they usually dive. If anyone would like to give me an audition as a buddy I'd gladly apply.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Mark and welcome to the boards, there's a few YD-ers who work shifts and would be up for midweek diving
Chee-az
steve

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Hi Mark

Welcome to YD & back into diving. I only live over the hill from you & as I'm not working at the mo I could join you for a dive.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Mark

Wecome aboard, i'm sure you will find plenty of Dive Buddies here, and if you ever get dahn saff and want to try the Dover experience, give me a shout.

Dive long and progress,

Paul

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Mark,

I live in Middleton too mate - alas, I'm only a weekend diver. Nay worries about being a 'Lanky' here squire, there are squadrons of us - just as there divers from all over the UK and abroad.

There are a number of regular mid-week divers on here (Andy2Tanx to name but seven ;-), so get in amongs it.

Welcome to YD.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Mark,

I to work in Manchester and live not too far away.  Like Bren only do weekends but I have signed up for the Angelsey gig in a couple of weeks time, so if you can make it why not join in.  I only joined YD recently you will find them a friendly bunch and I am hoping to find new buddies.

Fiona

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks for those welcoming words and good to see that there are people real local.

I've already been on my first YD trip - just got back from a day with Timing diving from Scott's boats out of Menai Bridge. Three long, shallow dives on good wrecks in great conditions -most enjoyable day's diving of the year for me.

Scott has got a new boat since I last sailed with him: big, fast and a lift on the back! Fantastic luxury! If you haven't used him before you must give him a try - just about the best I've come accross.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts