YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just splashed out on a sony dscp92 digital camera to take piccys of our new baby son  
 However, didn't consider whether I could get a housing for it and use it U/W until it was too late, and I had shelled out the dosh  
 . Does anyone know if I can get a housing for it, and if so how much??  Cheers Darren

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Darren

Just had a look at the P92 I knew that it was a 5mpixel one.  As for housing, be careful they do one for the P9 and P8/10 but yours seems to have the programming control on the back and the housings I have seen and I have just bought the P10 has the control dial on the top.

I bought mine from askdirect.co.uk, the amazon site lists the accessories you can buy and a housing isn't listed.

In the box with the camera did you get a leaflet which lists the accessories you can buy for your model ?  should be in there if one is available.

Fiona

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Darren,

If its not too late your satutory rights may enable you to return the camera, especially if you say you wanted to buy one to take diving. If you buy the P10 (for example) from the place you bought your P92, when you return it they may not hassle you, as your effectively spending more with them. Try returning it, they may help you out?

Dave C

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Just rang the chaps on the website Steve gave. The P92 doesn't have a housing, nor will it ever have according to them - D'oh!. They recommended the P10 as well Fiona. Thanks for the advice, I will have a look at the P10 now.

Thanks again

Darren

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Darren

The place I got my housing was the cheapest I found on the net I ordered it one day and they delivered it the next very efficient service.

FB

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Had a look at the P10, seems to do the same as the P92 except it doesn't have a digital zoom. Does this make much of a difference? Fiona, how much was your housing?

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Sorted - got a refund, and placed a new order for a P10 to be delivered on Friday. Thanks guys.  

Oh, nearly forgot - Fiona, was the housing you got the Sony MPK-PHA  (£139)?

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Darren,

Digital Zooms are pants, all they do is reduce the resolution and colour rendition, so getting rid of it is a good thing.

Andrew

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Excellent. Glad to hear that Andy, as my P10 is winging its way to me as we speak! Thanks all for the advice, got it just in time to stop me making an expensive mistake. YD saves the day again!  

1 - 11 of 11 Posts