YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>was brill, thistlegorm was my fave, its so weird seeing the motorbikes underwater.
But the best bit of the holiday was when all the diving had finished for the day and the sun was setting then someone spotted some dolphins. So me, my mum, my m8 Coral and her mum jumped in the RIB with our masks and snorkles and went to see if we could find them.
when we saw them we jumped in and started swimming over the top of them, trying to touch them but they were teasing us and swam just out of reach. The RIB left us and went back to the live-aboard to get anyone else that wanted to come. It was just amazing, we were snorkling with them for about 30 mins!

Also while i was there i did my AOW! yay!

hehe Iz it still hull on this forum? im not sure anymore!
Bethi:D:D

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Glad you had a good hol.

Unfortunately, whilst you were away you missed it! Dolphins eveywhere round the Sussex coast. Sick to death of the bloody things in the end. We had to keep pushing them out of the way so we could see the wreck we were diving on. Anyway, you saw a few so not too bad for you I suppose.  

Congrats on AOW.

Oh, and we had 100 mtrs viz in the Channel as well !!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Imported post

Hi Bethi - welcome back and glad you had a great time.  I loved the Thistlegorm too, it's a bit eerie but I liked seeing the boots and the motorbikes.

Lucky girl getting to swim with the dolphins, I spend every dive longing for an encounter with a dolphin but no luck yet, maybe next time!!

And as for the English Channel, I did my first dives there this weekend and loved it - 22 degrees, about 5m vis (which seemed like much more), some great wrecks and even better drifts!

Congrats on the AOW too  

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Aug. 18 2003,13:58)]Glad you had a good hol.

Unfortunately, whilst you were away you missed it! Dolphins eveywhere round the Sussex coast. Sick to death of the bloody things in the end. We had to keep pushing them out of the way so we could see the wreck we were diving on. Anyway, you saw a few so not too bad for you I suppose.  

Congrats on AOW.

Oh, and we had 100 mtrs viz in the Channel as well !!
<font color='#8D38C9'>awww...dolphins are cute not bloody things, there much better to look at then a wreck, umm....dont believe u about the 100 metres vis. thing

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bethi @ Aug. 18 2003,16:45)]umm....dont believe u about the 100 metres vis. thing
Tsk - can't fool you AOW divers.

Oh, apparently those dolphins were pollack.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I experienced the same thing diving from the Hooligan in Sharm this January. We saw the dolphins while diving and during lunch the next day they showed up again. Believe they were a couple, possibly mother and calf. Got a couple of pics while snorkling... and I believe that actually made my day, if not the whole vacation

Kyrre

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Great pic, Kyrre! I had a fantastic dolphin encounter on a reef in Mozambique a couple of years ago. In the middle of the dive, two of them suddenly appeared in front of my buddy and I. They swam towards us, stopped a couple of metres from us, checked us over and then disappeared into the blue. It was something I've dreamed about ever since I started diving 15 years ago.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi

Well off Dover on the Orangeman we had .5m at most, i saw about 10m of rusty hull and a small crab and a star fish. Then i lost my buddy in the gloom and had to surface.

We didn't bother going back down.

Congrats on your AOW.

Safe Diving

Paul

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Aug. 18 2003,22:52)]Well off Dover on the Orangeman we had .
Good God, They don't call boats that on the Clyde. That would only half their turnover!

Peter

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Peter

Yes, but a bit more to do with her cargo than religeon, proper name Halcyon.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

Greetings from sunny 'Hull'

It's 10 in the evening and still about 30 degrees.

I'm going to try and post a bit of a trip report every week or so.  Briefly, I've finished my Rescue course and into the DM now.  Also been doing TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco i.e. 45m with a fridge on my back.  Had some amusing moments and getting to know about the business out here.  Bedtime soon, deep diving at Ras Mohammed tomorrow, cya later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts